"The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: "The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

#121  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Spearthrower wrote:What hive mind Mike_L?

And why would it be difficult for a hive mind to grasp something? A notional hive mind would have computational power vastly greater than any individual.

You've yet to demonstrate this.

Hermit wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: compressed
Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:...
Once you start trying to work out what races there should be, you quickly find how absurd the belief is.

You can see this easily by trying to get Mike_L to list the races.

You already said that, and I already gave my reply...
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/news-politics/the-always-excellent-tucker-carlson-t56892-60.html#p2765772

That was an evasion rather than a reply. Spearthrower did not ask you what the Frankfurt School said about race, did he? And you do not agree with it at any rate, do you? At least not as far as the existence of a white race. Right? So, if there is a white race, there must be others. What are they and how can you tell them apart?

The Cultural Marxists have made it plain...
The concept of race doesn't exist until it has utility. "Whites" only emerge from limbo when somebody needs to be maligned by the leftists. Then we suddenly have "white privilege", etc.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#122  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Mike_L wrote:

And why would it be difficult for a hive mind to grasp something? A notional hive mind would have computational power vastly greater than any individual.

Which presumably falsifies your assertion then, right?

Mike_L wrote:
The concept of race doesn't exist until it has utility. "Whites" only emerge from limbo when somebody needs to be maligned by the leftists. Then we suddenly have "white privilege", etc.

I'm not asking for your hostile rendition of what some other group of people allegedly say - nice try though Leonard! :grin:

I'm asking you! And it's YOU who is failing to provide any information of what you supposedly believe. It can't be very clear in your own head if you're having this much trouble, so maybe you can empathize with why it's even less clear to me what bollocks you believe.

You've already said you believe there is a white race, haven't you?

Are you saying you wish to retract that statement of belief?

If not, then presumably - and explain to me how I could be wrong - you must have other racial categories that define the other types of humans who aren't white.

Why so coy, Leonard?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#123  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm

DING DING DING DING DING

The word you were looking for there is 'genetics'. That physical science which draws its results from empirical evidence, not bigoted make-believe.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... l#p2765674
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#124  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:35 pm

Because of the extensive evidence for genetic interchange through population movements and recurrent gene flow going back at least hundreds of thousands of years ago, there is only one evolutionary lineage of humanity and there are no subspecies or races under either the traditional or phylogenetic definitions

Perhaps Mike_L's got a new kind of science he can employ here, maybe something like Baraminology or Lysenkoism?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#125  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, the term 'cultural marxist' is another indicator of the topology of the well Mike_L has sadly fallen into, as if it wasn't already clear from his appeals to white replacement conspiracy theories.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#126  Postby Hermit » Jan 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Mike_L wrote:

Hermit wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: compressed
Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:...
Once you start trying to work out what races there should be, you quickly find how absurd the belief is.

You can see this easily by trying to get Mike_L to list the races.

You already said that, and I already gave my reply...
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/news-politics/the-always-excellent-tucker-carlson-t56892-60.html#p2765772

That was an evasion rather than a reply. Spearthrower did not ask you what the Frankfurt School said about race, did he? And you do not agree with it at any rate, do you? At least not as far as the existence of a white race. Right? So, if there is a white race, there must be others. What are they and how can you tell them apart?

Nobody asked you what the descendants of the Frankfurt School or what you call Cultural Marxists say about the concept of race, Mike_L. You posted that there is a white race. So you were asked: A white race compared to what others? And: How can you differentiate between them? Stop whimping out already. Answer the questions.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#127  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

Mike_L wrote:

I'm not asking for your hostile rendition of what some other group of people allegedly say - nice try though Leonard! :grin:

I'm asking you! And it's YOU who is failing to provide any information of what you supposedly believe. It can't be very clear in your own head if you're having this much trouble, so maybe you can empathize with why it's even less clear to me what bollocks you believe.

If not, then presumably - and explain to me how I could be wrong - you must have other racial categories that define the other types of humans who aren't white.

Why so coy, Leonard?

Why are you asking me, Spearthrower?
Why don't you ask Sheffield University to make a list for you? Or American University?
Having overcome the problem of race identification, they're obviously in a better position to give you what you want.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#128  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

Mike_L wrote:

Why so coy, Leonard?

Why are you asking me, Spearthrower?
Why don't you ask Sheffield University to make a list for you? Or American University?
Having overcome the problem of race identification, they're obviously in a better position to give you what you want.

See Piper?

How hard Morton's Demon has to work to avoid answering a direct question!

And the explanation for this is quite obvious: somewhere in his head, Leonard realizes his naive conception he'd never bothered to critically inspect before is just going to make him look like a complete fucking tool, and not wishing to look like a complete fucking tool, he keeps trying hard to look clever by distracting people.

My suggestion, and I say this only as an equal among the greater hive mind, is that other hivers try and pin Mike_L down on this.

So far there's "white".

As far as we can tell at the moment, the only race Mike_L believes in is the white race.

Perhaps the reason he doesn't want to go any further is that this is actually the sum of what he believes - the non-whites aren't actually humans, and thus not races (subspecies). I am sure it's not, but given that Mike_L thrives on insinuation and mischaracterization, perhaps it's justified to just assume that given how hard he's working to avoid detailing his position.
Last edited by Spearthrower on Jan 08, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#129  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Hermit wrote:Nobody asked you what the descendants of the Frankfurt School or what you call Cultural Marxists say about the concept of race, Mike_L. You posted that there is a white race. So you were asked: A white race compared to what others? And: How can you differentiate between them? Stop whimping out already. Answer the questions.

See my reply to Spearthrower, above. People better than me know how to tell the difference.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#130  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Hermit wrote:Nobody asked you what the descendants of the Frankfurt School or what you call Cultural Marxists say about the concept of race, Mike_L. You posted that there is a white race. So you were asked: A white race compared to what others? And: How can you differentiate between them? Stop whimping out already. Answer the questions.

See my reply to Spearthrower, above. People better than me know how to tell the difference.

But I'm asking YOU Mike_L - it's your belief system that's on display here, only there doesn't seem to be much meat to it, just a big pile of floppy salad.

List the races Leonard.

Why so coy? You're so full of yourself normally, this is clearly out of character. And you know how this works by now - I know you do! :)

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#131  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 4:58 pm

So would it be mischaracterizing your position then Leonard to say that you think the only true humans are white, and all the non-whites are something less than human; maybe we can give that a more compressed label. Oh I know: German has some lovely compound nouns... perhaps 'untermensch' fits your bill?

Or I could be wrong and you could have a comprehensive classificatory list of subspecies of Homo sapiens... I just can't tell because you've strangely become so very coy.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#132  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

But I'm asking YOU Mike_L - it's your belief system that's on display here, only there doesn't seem to be much meat to it, just a big pile of floppy salad.

List the races Leonard.

Why so coy? You're so full of yourself normally, this is clearly out of character. And you know how this works by now - I know you do! :)

You're just too lazy to follow the money to find out what "white" is.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#133  Postby Hermit » Jan 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Mike_L wrote:

No, Mike_L. You keep referencing people who deny that humans can be subdivided into racial groups. You disagree with them. For one thing, you say there is a white race. Now, if there is a white race, there must be other races. You cannot assert the existence of a white race unless there is at least one other it can be distinguished from. So what differentiates the white race from others?
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#134  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Hermit wrote:So what differentiates the white race from others?

Collective guilt and shame.
Haven't you been paying attention?
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#135  Postby Hermit » Jan 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Hermit wrote:So what differentiates the white race from others?

Collective guilt and shame.
Haven't you been paying attention?

So the white race is in your opinion a psychological state? Nothing to do with genetic heritage?

Oh, sorry. It took me a second to realise that you were trying to make a funny in order to evade having to actually answer the questions.

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#136  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 5:38 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

List the races Leonard.

You're just too lazy to follow the money to find out what "white" is.

So as you've only been prepared to list one single race - white - and despite being given ample opportunities to detail the other races which your apparent belief system should be predicated upon you have transparently avoided doing so, thus I think the only remaining means of explaining this is that you conceive of non-whites as something less than humans, thus they don't amount to different races.

So why even bother calling 'white' a race, Leonard? You can just refer to whites as humans, and non-whites as animals.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#137  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Hermit wrote:So the white race is in your opinion a psychological state? Nothing to do with genetic heritage?

Oh, sorry. It took me a second to realise that you were trying to make a funny in order to evade having to actually answer the questions.

Yeah, and of course, it's internally contradictory as the white race is supposedly being replaced.

Mike_L's apparent deep confusion presumably arises from just never giving any of this received bigotry a moment's thought; uncritically swallowed and being exposed now as lacking any substance, Mike_L remains too invested to acknowledge this terminal failure of his worldview, so all these evasions aren't really meant for us, but are meant for himself - he must avoid thinking too hard about this lest the whole pile of festering shit comes splashing down.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#138  Postby Seabass » Jan 08, 2021 5:59 pm

The_Piper wrote:Some people in northern Asia have very light skin as well, but racists still consider them a different race. :lol:

My arms and face are sort of a tan, maybe sandalwood color, but my ass is as white as the driven snow. What race am I? Is my ass a different race from my face? I'm so confused... :whine:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#139  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Seabass wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Some people in northern Asia have very light skin as well, but racists still consider them a different race. :lol:

My arms and face are sort of a tan, maybe sandalwood color, but my ass is as white as the driven snow. What race am I? Is my ass a different race from my face? I'm so confused... :whine:

White supremassism.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#140  Postby The_Piper » Jan 08, 2021 6:35 pm

North and east Africa, and Eurasia have been conquering and marrying and raping each other since before Homo Sapiens was even a thing. The more people discover about the past, the more convoluted the relationships become.
There's nothing to conserve. Cultures mix, and it seems undeniable in the long term, humans are better for it. Because the cultures teach each other useful things: methods of building, foods to eat, plants to medicate, and on and on. When it's done peacefully through migration in the modern day, I think we're better for it in the short term as well. Why not?
If someone brave enough wants to leave their home country and culture to emigrate to the US, I'm honored to have them as neighbors. They chose to live here. I didn't choose to be an American, it was merely a happy accident. I think what some people feel is losing their culture more than losing their race. Well anything's possible, but keeping out those who are deserving and desiring to be a part of our culture is ignorant and just plain mean. Again, I'm happy to share my neighborhood with people who chose on their own to take a huge risk and dared to brave a new language and culture to have a better life. I'm ecstatic about it. Conservatism served humans well at one time. Before there was agriculture and writing and stuff. That was like, a long time ago. We wouldn't be building telescopes and making vaccines and MRI machines and ice cream without learning from and joining with other cultures. We'd literally still be using stone tools and dying in our 20's.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs