Tory Party watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Tory Party watch

#5381  Postby chairman bill » Apr 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Apparently Theresa May has put in an order for a large number of Dalmatians. No surprises there.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5382  Postby chairman bill » Apr 28, 2017 6:54 pm

ronmcd wrote:Still, it's not like they are old bigotted idiots ... oh.

Tory MP to stand down after 'calling homosexuality a danger to society'

Is it true he's joining the LibDems?
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5384  Postby chairman bill » Apr 28, 2017 11:06 pm

I'm so scared
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5387  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 29, 2017 12:16 am

And in the meantime, let's not forget this juicy gem from John Major (video clip included in article):

The NHS is about as safe with them as a pet hamster would be with a hungry python.

This one deserves to be spread far and wide.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5388  Postby chairman bill » May 03, 2017 10:40 am

Well worth a read. Imagine the Tories being charged with widespread fraud before the 8th of June?

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/02/senior-mp-calls-mays-government-criminally-investigated-after-allegations-canary-video/
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5389  Postby chairman bill » May 03, 2017 10:50 am

chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5390  Postby ronmcd » May 06, 2017 8:42 am

I feel it might be worth pointing out something. BBC SKY even C4 are all reporting a huge Conservative surge in Scotland in this weeks local election, BBC papers even had some uninformed person claim Tories had taken Glasgow.

Now, to be fair to that person, I can see why she thought that had happened. THATS THE MEDIA NARRATIVE. It's bollocks, but that is the narrative. Look at this front page in the Herald, for example:

So what is the truth about the local election results in Scotland? Let's see (from Telegraph, of all people):

Oh. SNP actually *gained* seats, and the unionist anti SNP vote (Rangers supporters, hence some Glasgow wards) move from labour to the Ruth-no-surrender party. BBC are still reporting they lost seats, based on some "notional" (made up numbers) where they have guessed how many seats the 2012 result might have been had boundary changes been in effect then. So rather than compare to 2012, real numbers, they are using made up numbers :clap: amazing. And so Ruth and Ruth's pal from the Daily Mail who is now in charge at Scottish Labour, are claiming SNP have lost the election, etc.

Amazing.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5391  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 06, 2017 10:51 am

This Ron is modern media. Driven more by owner's opinions than anything else. The way it is reported on British media is so different to for instance our media. I think that comes from the very adversarial society that the UK is. It wants winners and losers but it is also very biased. Any win of the tory party will always be blown up to epic proportions. You would think that May will steam roller the EU into giving in to her demands but that is just keeping the momentum going because the tories know too well that if it stops it will sink.
Remember they have to prepare for inevitable defeat of Brexit and walking away with no deal.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5392  Postby ronmcd » May 07, 2017 10:07 am

No joke. These are many of the people elected as Tory councilors in Scotland this week, a result of the bigot brigade who moved their votes from Scottish Labour to Ruth's Bison & No Surrender Party.

And those who aren't sectarian, are other kinds of nutters:

Meanwhile, keep this is mind when the media tell you the Tories won in Scotland.
2012 SNP 425 seats =34.8%
2nd party 32.2%

2017 SNP 431 seats =35.1%
2nd party 22.5%

https://twitter.com/AndrewHuxtable/stat ... 3819920385
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5393  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 08, 2017 12:43 pm

The NHS continues to sink:

NHS staff 'quitting to work in supermarkets because of poor pay'

Policy of limiting rises to 1% is damaging health service and must not be pursued into next parliament, say NHS leaders

NHS staff are quitting to stack shelves in supermarkets instead of caring for patients because they are so demoralised by years of getting pay rises of only 1% or nothing, hospital bosses have warned.

The health service is now so understaffed that patient safety is being put at risk and people with mental health problems are experiencing delays and setbacks as a result, NHS leaders say.

The intervention in the general election campaign comes from NHS Providers, which represents almost all of England’s 240 NHS hospital, mental health and ambulance trusts. They told ministers bluntly on Monday that the government’s longstanding policy of holding down NHS staff pay is wrong and is damaging the service by deepening its already severe staff shortages.

More...

The NHS should be removed from the political arena.

Remove politicians and other amateurs from operative decision making in what might well be the most complex
industry on the face of the Earth: Healthcare!

http://www.healthpowerhouse.com/files/EHCI_2016/EHCI_2016_report.pdf

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5394  Postby chairman bill » May 08, 2017 1:08 pm

The USA has the worst healthcare in the developed world, and the Tory Party simply regard that as a challenge.
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5395  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2017 11:35 am

Well the CPS is not taking any action against the tory party candidates. :yuk:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5396  Postby chairman bill » May 10, 2017 11:40 am

Yep. No surprises there. If the Tories win this election, do watch the New Year Honours list; there will be a reward for those who've kept the faith.
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5397  Postby ronmcd » May 10, 2017 11:53 am

Tories are now demanding heads roll at the Electoral Commission, and saying they should disband it after the election if they don't resign.

This country is fucked.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5398  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2017 12:04 pm

ronmcd wrote:Tories are now demanding heads roll at the Electoral Commission, and saying they should disband it after the election if they don't resign.

This country is fucked.

Have you just discovered that Ron?

If you are wondering what it is like to live in a third world country you are about to find out in a couple of years.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5399  Postby chairman bill » May 10, 2017 12:06 pm

ronmcd wrote:Tories are now demanding heads roll at the Electoral Commission, and saying they should disband it after the election if they don't resign.

This country is fucked.

I wonder whether the CPS were warned off - "if you let these prosecutions proceed, and we win the election, you're fucking toast!"
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5400  Postby Calilasseia » May 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Meanwhile, I wonder whose hand was behind this move? Has Theresa May's sticky fingerprints all over it - it's the sort of thing she's set precedents for implementing in the past.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs