PZ Myers v Pappa (both are members of RatSkep)

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: PZ Myers v Pappa (both are members of RatSkep)

#641  Postby Imagination Theory » Jul 29, 2012 4:49 am

devogue wrote:
Tangerine Dream wrote:Did you know that Mr. PZ Myers has 107,573 followers ? 13,732 tweets ? Truly amazing :smoke: I have a question. I mean a 32 pages thread or something like that. He must be very important. Oh yes to keep it on topic, here is my question. What does PZ stand for ? Just wondering. I thank you kindly Image

Precious Zebra.

:lol:

It's for Paul Zachary, I used to be a fan of his. :oops: I like biologists.
Never liked his gross baby body with wings and a PZ head picture tho.
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.

Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
Imagination Theory

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

#642  Postby Tangerine Dream » Jul 29, 2012 6:13 am

Yeah me too ! ;)

:scratch:
If shit was worth something, poor people would be born with no asshole.
Tangerine Dream

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#643  Postby Regina » Jul 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Tangerine Dream wrote:Did you know that Mr. PZ Myers has 107,573 followers ? 13,732 tweets ? Truly amazing :smoke: I have a question. I mean a 32 pages thread or something like that. He must be very important. Oh yes to keep it on topic, here is my question. What does PZ stand for ? Just wondering. I thank you kindly Image

Yes, Tangy he's very important. He's the biologist who found out that there are still troglodytes around. And anti-progressive ones at that.
I am one of those, but you knew that from the outset, didn't you? And quite frankly, I'm loving it.

Ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, lebt's sich völlig ungeniert.
Loose translation:
Once your rep's in tatters, nothing really matters. :grin:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#644  Postby Ironclad » Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Pappa Z'doppleganger :dunno:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#645  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Our ongoing saga continues...

We bring you a rare exclusive. One of the Troglodian freedom fighters, known as SP, was able to slip into the regular bi-weekly meetings held between the fan boys and their idol, King BS, and record it verbatim. These bi-weekly meetings are held regularly every Friday night like clockwork. Disguising himself as a close-minded skeptic, SP blended in totally with the fan boys and went completely unnoticed. His greatest fear of being detected was the steady tick-tick-tick of his brain. As he sat there with his brain ticking rhythmically, which broke the monotony of 100s of faithful screaming “misogyny” at the top of their lungs, a fan boy looked his way. Fear struck SP’s heart! Would he be exposed and subsequently brought before the mighty ban hammer of King BS?

As luck would have it this was recruitment night and the local cat was dragging in new members. “Whatever the cat drags in is good enough for us!” hollered the membership. SP was safe; for the fan boy immediately suppressed his suspicions and went off to greet the new members, or clean the litter box, SP wasn’t sure.

SP saw his chance and rushed to the front row and slinked down into his chair hoping to escape notice. While the crowd was occupied with the membership drive SP turned on his Dictaphone, but he heard a voice speaking to him from the aether...

SP don’t be a dick-taphone user, use the force!

SP then shut the Dictaphone off and turned on his mini-recorder instead. Finally the moment had arrived. Trumpets blared; the crowd cheered and SP cut gas out of reverence for the distinguished speaker. King BS mounted the podium and stood before the mic... the crowd was anxious with anticipation, a few has pee running down their legs, O such is the reverence shown to the speaker.

“Friends” the speaker addressed the crowd.

“Today a new crisis has arisen. Cockroaches are swarming the hallowed halls of free thought. They are a nest of vermin, and left to their own devices, will spread truth throughout Fantasyland.”

The crowd of faithful rose unanimously like a tidal wave coming in from the ocean and cried out: “Proof, we don’t demand proof of this heinous accusation!”

And of course, ever faithful to their skeptical nature, they received none and were content; since their cause was self-evident and domination of Fantasyland could easily be undone by pesky things like truth and reality.

“In addition” King BS cleared his throat, “The Troglodytes threaten our very existence! They would have you believe that there are two sides to every story. We all know, in our heart-of-hearts, that our cause is, and must be, the one true cause within the skeptic community. We must remain dogmatic otherwise there is the ever-present fear and danger that we might see another side to the issues.”

At this point the crowd was uncontrollable. The bum boys cried out for blood, anyone’s blood who would dare to question anything that King BS proclaimed as truth. A brave soul tried valiantly to question such a methodology, albeit with the greatest respect, asking how the logic of using non-logic and the wisdom of using non-wisdom could possibly produce truth. The crowd immediately turned on him and dragged him before King BS.

Bum boy after bum boy spoke out against this traitor to unreason. A mob can be a scary thing to behold! Once unleashed, their mighty fury of self-righteousness can quell even the most logical of persons. Blood they demanded and blood they did received!

King BS spoke: “For the crime of telling the truth after we’ve explained to you the error of your ways...” He paused to grab his holy ban hammer and then continued: “You are now banned forever into the vast wastelands of evil Troglodians where truth, honesty and integrity will be your undoing!”

As the crowd praised their mighty king, and with many of them losing control of their bladders, SP snuck out of the room and back into the fresh air of reason. He’d learned a lesson that night, a valuable one, when one man, a king, proclaims himself to be the sole arbitrator of reason and the master of the Internet, then all must band together in opposition.

“The butt-hurt is strong in them..., “ SP mused as he walked the long road back to camp.

Episode 2 is here:
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/viewtopic.php?p=1405313#p1405313

Note: This is another episode of pure fantasy just to lighten the mood a wee bit. No references to real people, either directly or indirectly, should be read into its verses. This is a fun story and as such... it is entirely fictional.
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#646  Postby Ironclad » Jul 29, 2012 3:03 pm

"bum boy" :rofl:

(is that Canadian for a young tramp, or..)
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#647  Postby The_Metatron » Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Skinny Puppy, we conclude the following two quoted posts of yours are an allegorical parody which, in context, represents a forum member and are personal attacks:

[Reveal] Spoiler: your reported posts
Skinny Puppy wrote:Image

Our ongoing saga continues...

We bring you a rare exclusive. One of the Troglodian freedom fighters, known as SP, was able to slip into the regular bi-weekly meetings held between the fan boys and their idol, King BS, and record it verbatim. These bi-weekly meetings are held regularly every Friday night like clockwork. Disguising himself as a close-minded skeptic, SP blended in totally with the fan boys and went completely unnoticed. His greatest fear of being detected was the steady tick-tick-tick of his brain. As he sat there with his brain ticking rhythmically, which broke the monotony of 100s of faithful screaming “misogyny” at the top of their lungs, a fan boy looked his way. Fear struck SP’s heart! Would he be exposed and subsequently brought before the mighty ban hammer of King BS?

As luck would have it this was recruitment night and the local cat was dragging in new members. “Whatever the cat drags in is good enough for us!” hollered the membership. SP was safe; for the fan boy immediately suppressed his suspicions and went off to greet the new members, or clean the litter box, SP wasn’t sure.

SP saw his chance and rushed to the front row and slinked down into his chair hoping to escape notice. While the crowd was occupied with the membership drive SP turned on his Dictaphone, but he heard a voice speaking to him from the aether...

SP don’t be a dick-taphone user, use the force!

SP then shut the Dictaphone off and turned on his mini-recorder instead. Finally the moment had arrived. Trumpets blared; the crowd cheered and SP cut gas out of reverence for the distinguished speaker. King BS mounted the podium and stood before the mic... the crowd was anxious with anticipation, a few has pee running down their legs, O such is the reverence shown to the speaker.

“Friends” the speaker addressed the crowd.

“Today a new crisis has arisen. Cockroaches are swarming the hallowed halls of free thought. They are a nest of vermin, and left to their own devices, will spread truth throughout Fantasyland.”

The crowd of faithful rose unanimously like a tidal wave coming in from the ocean and cried out: “Proof, we don’t demand proof of this heinous accusation!”

And of course, ever faithful to their skeptical nature, they received none and were content; since their cause was self-evident and domination of Fantasyland could easily be undone by pesky things like truth and reality.

“In addition” King BS cleared his throat, “The Troglodytes threaten our very existence! They would have you believe that there are two sides to every story. We all know, in our heart-of-hearts, that our cause is, and must be, the one true cause within the skeptic community. We must remain dogmatic otherwise there is the ever-present fear and danger that we might see another side to the issues.”

At this point the crowd was uncontrollable. The bum boys cried out for blood, anyone’s blood who would dare to question anything that King BS proclaimed as truth. A brave soul tried valiantly to question such a methodology, albeit with the greatest respect, asking how the logic of using non-logic and the wisdom of using non-wisdom could possibly produce truth. The crowd immediately turned on him and dragged him before King BS.

Bum boy after bum boy spoke out against this traitor to unreason. A mob can be a scary thing to behold! Once unleashed, their mighty fury of self-righteousness can quell even the most logical of persons. Blood they demanded and blood they did received!

King BS spoke: “For the crime of telling the truth after we’ve explained to you the error of your ways...” He paused to grab his holy ban hammer and then continued: “You are now banned forever into the vast wastelands of evil Troglodians where truth, honesty and integrity will be your undoing!”

As the crowd praised their mighty king, and with many of them losing control of their bladders, SP snuck out of the room and back into the fresh air of reason. He’d learned a lesson that night, a valuable one, when one man, a king, proclaims himself to be the sole arbitrator of reason and the master of the Internet, then all must band together in opposition.

“The butt-hurt is strong in them..., “ SP mused as he walked the long road back to camp.

Episode 2 is here:
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/viewtopic.php?p=1405313#p1405313

Note: This is another episode of pure fantasy just to lighten the mood a wee bit. No references to real people, either directly or indirectly, should be read into its verses. This is a fun story and as such... it is entirely fictional.

Skinny Puppy wrote:Note: This is another episode of pure fantasy just to lighten the mood a wee bit. No references to real people, either directly or indirectly, should be read into its verses. This is a fun story and as such... it is entirely fictional.

A long time ago on a forum far away...

Episode 2: Attack of the Bum Boys

The bum war begins...

We once again revisit King BS and his young maiden, Lady Twit. A new and mortal danger now faces Fantasyland. The Troglodians have launched an invasion to rid Fantasyland of its king and would-be queen. The Troglodians, once proud and noble citizens of Fantasyland, have defied King BS and have refused to bow down and kiss his hairy derrière. A civil war is brewing... in fact it’s imminent. Never smug, never scum-like, the Troglodians have always allowed “truth” to enter their minds and to shape their decisions, however, their outright refusal to “buy bull” has caused a rift, a chasm if you will, in this fine land of ours. King BS knows that if they’re not stopped now they may well go on and begin to think for themselves, and that, on its own, would spell doom and collapse the empire!

King BS has a diabolical plan. It’s been planned in secret, nurtured through misinformation and finally hatched into a “bastard child” whom he calls Bull-Speak Junior. With junior he fools his minions, and hopes, against a mighty tide of noble Troglodians, to take over Fantasyland and set-up his own fiefdom with himself as the chief Fief!

As the two factions march towards each other on the Plains of Man, or Mansplain, we see the flags of each army flowing in the breeze. From the Troglodians we see a flag of truth, justice and fairness for all. In the background we can hear the cheering crowds of rational thinkers who refuse to “buy bull” and demand evidence before making their decisions.

On the other side of the battlefield we see King BS’s flag flying proudly at the helm of his mighty army of butt-kissers who march to his every tune. We strain our eyes to see its emblem, but can this be right? Through our glass we see the image of a retreating horse on the flag... why it’s an image of a horse’s hind end. Is it possible that King BS’s followers are a bunch of horses as...

Just then a trumpet sounds! As the battlefield heats up with both factions ready to attack at a moment’s notice, King BS raises his hand to quell the armies’ advances. His minions cry out for blood, but the King wants to make a speech, The King’s Speech. Lifting himself up onto his high horse, which offers him a good vantage point..., he addresses the crowd.

Friends, Troglodians, bum boys, lend me your ears;
I have come to impose my will and to talk in convoluted logic.
Some might say that my mighty ban hammer hath gone too far;
but it’s out of humble self-interest that I ban all evil dissenters.

Therefore I must ban all Troglodians. The noble Lady Twit
hath told me you’re all misogynists, sexists and apologists:
I know it for a fact because I have no evidence or proof of it,
and therefore come I to do my mighty ban hammer justice!

Here, with my bum boys at my side, ah... at my rear,
come I to speak non-wisdom and untruth unto all of you.
I will show you the path to enlightenment and
how to twist logic and reason to control the forums.

You were my friends once, faithful and just to me:
But you refused to kiss butt and toe my party line.
Can you then be called good and honourable men?
For the sins of a few... all must suffer my wrath.

The noble me hath told you how great I am
Does this in me, your king, seem ambitious?
I have ransacked and pillaged many a forum
Yet the scum and the smug call me to task.

I speak not to disprove what the Troglodians spoke,
But I am here to speak about what I do know.
Which at the moment, like all moments, is fuck all.
You all did love me once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then to kiss my hairy ass?

O you fuckers! thou art like brutish beasts,
And ye have lost your reason. O bear with me;
I just farted over the golden hills of Mansplain
and I must pause till it come back to me.
‘tis back... ah the sweet smell of a morning enema.

When you hapless fuckers have cried:
I have wept, wept with tears of laughter
BS needs to be made of stern stuff.
Yet you all call me an ambitious opportunist
Well you can all go fuck yourselves...
For everything will one day, yes one day, be mine!

Making personal attacks against other forum members is not allowed, as is spelled out in our Forum User's Agreement, paragraph 1.2c, to which you agreed when you joined our forum.

[Reveal] Spoiler: relevant section of the Forum User's Agreement
Members of rationalskepticism.org agree to:

1.2. not post or transmit defamatory, abusive, threatening or illegal material, or any other material with the intent to purposely mislead or harm others or infringe on the ability of others to enjoy rationalskepticism.org. This includes but is not limited to:

c. post personal attacks or insults towards other members.

Please keep this in mind when you make your posts, to make our forum a better place, and to avoid possible sanction.

The_Metatron

Please do not discuss this modnote or moderation in this thread as it is off-topic. If you need clarification or want to appeal this decision, please PM me, a global moderator, or a senior moderator.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#648  Postby Mononoke » Jul 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Sooo..........

Has this thread finally died out
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#649  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Mononoke wrote:Sooo..........

Not by a long shot! :evilgrin:
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#650  Postby Regina » Jul 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Mononoke wrote:Sooo..........

Not by a long shot! :evilgrin:

Do you know things we don't? :think:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#651  Postby Pulsar » Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Regina wrote:Do you know things we don't? :think:

I do... :whisper:

PZ decided not to moderate any comments anymore. The poor pharyngulites are on their own now, and they don't like it... :popcorn:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/07/27/episode-cccliv-but-some-of-us-still-arent-cool
PZ Myers says:
28 July 2012 at 6:26 pm

People don’t need to leave. I’m taking a break from the comments, but I’m sure this will only lead to a happy new world of excitement, free of my interference.

Articles will continue to appear. There will be things to fight over, as always. You know how many of you take breaks from this stuff when it gets too stressful — I spend an hour or two a day every day cleaning up the messes, and have been doing this for nearly a decade. I get a break, too.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 6:20 pm

There are no rules at all anymore.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 6:39 pm

I don’t know…I’m hoping total anarchy works and this can be permanent. It makes my job easier.

When I got up this morning, I saw the long list of unread new comments, and instead of actually scanning them, I did this magical thing of simply selecting all and marking as read. I’ve done that again just now. And they all went away with no time or effort on my part!

The comments section here is totally peaceful and stress-free as long as I close my eyes and don’t look.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 6:57 pm

What is a blog for if you don’t care about the comments?

Bwahahahahahahaha! Good one.

I’ve been caring about the comments for 10 fucking years. Everyone has a different and, they’re sure, better idea about how they should be handled. So you’re all on your own — let’s see how it works out.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 7:01 pm

So much for caring about safe spaces and all that

You don’t get to put that on me, nope. I tried to put together safe spaces, and acted as the janitor when people tried to shit in them — and got howls of protest that I dared to do so.

So you guys get to clean it up on your own now.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 9:11 pm

when personal info about someone gets posted like the other day,

Tough. I won’t see it, and I wash my hands of any consequences.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 9:22 pm

NO.

Seriously, I’m fed up. Do you understand that? I’m FUCKING FED UP.

GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING FED UP.

You guys want a janitor, nothing more, and I’m tired of entitled snots telling me how to run the place…so you’re on your own. Too many people seem to have the idea that I’m supposed to just indulge their behaviors, no matter how destructive they are to the community.

So I’ll let the assholes run the show now. Have fun.

PZ Myers says:
29 July 2012 at 10:18 pm

turn them off

You know what throws me into a rage?

PEOPLE TELLING ME HOW TO RUN THE BLOG.

and when one stupid troll manages to derail a thread for days on end without saying anything of substance.

That’s ongoing. You don’t want me to deal with that crap, I won’t deal with it.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#652  Postby Evolving » Jul 30, 2012 3:04 pm

One revolutionary idea springs to mind, to ease PZ's life: how about a Forum Users' Agreement and a team of volunteer mods?
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#653  Postby Scarlett » Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Gosh, a little prone to chucking teddies out of his pram.

I thought some of the comments on Pharyngula were pretty vile at times anyway, they're going to completely fuck the place up now :lol:
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#654  Postby babel » Jul 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Wait... which side is the rational one trying to move forward? :scratch:

edit: and if they don't look an unmoderated webspace, they can always join rationalia. :tehe:
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#655  Postby Scarlett » Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

babel wrote:Wait... which side is the rational one trying to move forward? :scratch:

Not the
...... entitled snots...
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#656  Postby BlackBart » Jul 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Evolving wrote:One revolutionary idea springs to mind, to ease PZ's life: how about a Forum Users' Agreement and a team of volunteer mods?

Oh, be serious will you! As if that would ever work! :doh:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#657  Postby Varangian » Jul 30, 2012 4:19 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Evolving wrote:One revolutionary idea springs to mind, to ease PZ's life: how about a Forum Users' Agreement and a team of volunteer mods?

Oh, be serious will you! As if that would ever work! :doh:

He could name it "Phorumgula".

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#658  Postby byofrcs » Jul 30, 2012 5:09 pm

PZ Myers must feel like God now with prayers: open his intray, check the Read All box.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#659  Postby Pulsar » Jul 30, 2012 5:27 pm

byofrcs wrote:PZ Myers must feel like God now with prayers: open his intray, check the Read All box.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ut8HupAxVY[/youtube]
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#660  Postby Mononoke » Jul 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh dear,

I hope PZ is ok.
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion