Are You Muslim? Take the test to find out.

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Are You Muslim? Take the test to find out.

#61  Postby byofrcs » Aug 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Yup Nicko about it really. That we're atheist is sufficient evidence that there is no god. If there is a god then it would know exactly what evidence is needed. The Koran has that silly business of making up new sura. People have done that so that pretty well makes it certain that Allah doesn't exist.

Even if you got 99% on this test, unless you have the evidence that there is Allah and unless you submit yourself to it then you will never be a Muslim.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#62  Postby Oeditor » Aug 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I did wonder whether the biassed results were intended to be used as a "survey" or "poll" to "show" that attributes of Islam are widespread.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Shrunk » Aug 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Oeditor wrote:I did wonder whether the biassed results were intended to be used as a "survey" or "poll" to "show" that attributes of Islam are widespread.

Maybe. Or perhaps it's just an apologetic exercise meant to correct some "misperceptions" about Islam, and make the reader more sympathetic to the religion. And, sure, maybe it's true that Islam doesn't require women to cover their entire bodies. But that doesn't mean that you believe women don't need to be covered up that you must therefore be a Muslim.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Matthew Shute » Aug 29, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm 42% compatible with Islam, according to this test. I'm 58% incompatible, then. It's never going to work between us.
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#65  Postby areyoumuslim » Aug 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Cdesign,
The yellow/orange dots indicate "undecided".

Nicko,
Thanks for the reply, but I had assumed you had read The Quran. It seems I was mistaken.

Astreja said "........values that can easily be practised without any religious affiliation."

Excellent observation. Does The Quran promote values over religion? I recommend reading The Quran to find out.
areyoumuslim

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Shrunk » Aug 29, 2012 9:06 pm

areyoumuslim wrote:Cdesign,

Nicko,
Thanks for the reply, but I had assumed you had read The Quran. It seems I was mistaken.

Astreja said "........values that can easily be practised without any religious affiliation."

Excellent observation. Does The Quran promote values over religion? I recommend reading The Quran to find out.

Is the statement "There is no God but Allah, and Muhammed is his servant and messenger" a value? Or religion?

If one rejects that statement, can one still be said to accept the message of the Quran? What do most Muslims say?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Shrunk » Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Here's a quick test for you to try, areyoumuslim. Don't worry, it's much quicker than yours.

Are you an atheist? Take this test and find out:

1) Do you believe water is wet?

2) Do you believe the earth is flat?

3) Do you think it is important for one's health to breathe oxygen and eat food?

4) Do you believe that a god or gods exist?

Correct answers:

1) Yes 2) No 3) Yes 4) No

What's your score? How compatible are you with atheism?
Last edited by Shrunk on Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#68  Postby byofrcs » Aug 29, 2012 9:13 pm

areyoumuslim wrote:Cdesign,

Nicko,

In the original Arabic ? You must be joking - no, it is far better to observe how the values are expressed in Muslims.

I think we can safely say that the Quran does not have very clear or good values compared to modern secular humanist values.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#69  Postby ixolite » Aug 31, 2012 8:29 am

Lying pieces of shit.

6. Do you think women should fully cover their body in terms of their dress?

The correct answer is no. :crazy: Like having your face and hands show is not being fully covered up.

10. "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Agree is the correct answer. Contradicts the Koran where it says that it's Allah who makes people i.e. unbelievers or believers, one can't change that. ("seals their hearts")

14. Do you believe that mutual consultation should play a part in resolving the issues of the people?

Yes is the correct answer. Yeah, except you're female and your opinion is worth half of a mans. :yuk:

19. Do you think freedom of speech and freedom of belief/religion is a fundamental right?

Yes is the correct answer. This fails to take into account A. the belief that i.e. trying to convert a mohammedan to another religion can be seen as "oppression" and be punished with the death penalty, and B. contradicts the "human rights" islamic countries have signed where the last articles state that every other article is subject to the Sharia, which directly contradicts them.

I fail to see questions like:

Do you agree cheating women should be stoned to death?
Do you agree that it's ok for a man to marry a fuck a pre-pubescent girl?/Do yo agree that there should be no minimum age for marriage for females?
Do you agree that instead of humanely slaughtering lifestock they should be slaughtered without stunning?
Do you agree that once a year every familiy should personally slaughter an animal with children watching?
Do you agree that females are possessions?
Do you agree that there is no such thing as rape? (Remember, females are possessions, zina is only a damage done to a man's property, wives are a field to plow and have to have sex whenever a man wants otherwise the angels will curse them.)
Do you agree that domestic violence is ok?
Do you agree that it's ok to kill unbelievers?
Do yo agree with slavery?

I bet the liars for the pedophile are westernized apologists, way to softened by the lifestyle of the kafirs, they ought to go back for a vacation to the homelands and learn some real Islam again. :evilgrin:

Oh, yeah, got 38%.
ixolite

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#70  Postby Shrunk » Aug 31, 2012 10:25 am

I anticipate areyoumuslim's response will be that none of those things are explicitly proclaimed in the Quran and therefore are not part of Islam. (Of course, some of them are in there, like the acceptance of domestic violence, but let's leave that aside for the moment.)

If so, areyoumuslim's chief error is to profess a particular and peculilar form of Islam that follows the Quran only, and ignores the hadith and all the other traditions that also form part of Islam, and then insist his is the "correct" version of the faith. He might more correctly call himself a "Quranist" rather than a Muslim. This "Quran only" version of the faith is as much an individual, arbitrary, minority interpretation as that which insists on women wearing a burqa.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#71  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am

The koran like all magic books is full of lies and contradictions.

Any muslim that does not accept the haddiths is a cherry picker.
They are an intergral part of islam.

I agree with @ixolite those questions are never asked but they are part of the fundimentals of the islam belief system.
It is clearly stated that a women is worth only a half of a man. She is worth less than a donkey!
Subjugation of women is a prime task within islam. No muslim has ever explained why this is. Are they that terrified of women?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#72  Postby Shrunk » Aug 31, 2012 10:56 am

I also wonder how one can reject the idea of prophethood and still accept the Quran. :scratch:
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 31, 2012 11:13 am

Shrunk wrote:I also wonder how one can reject the idea of prophethood and still accept the Quran. :scratch:

I f you cherry pick you can.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Shrunk » Aug 31, 2012 11:38 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Shrunk wrote:I also wonder how one can reject the idea of prophethood and still accept the Quran. :scratch:

I don't think even cherry picking works there. The very idea of the Quran is that it is a direct revelation from God to a particular individual. Which is the definition of prophethood. Throw out prophethood, you throw out the whole Quran.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Aern Rakesh » Aug 31, 2012 11:44 am

Where do you get from that test that you can reject the idea of prophethood and still be a Muslim? :scratch:
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#76  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am

Shrunk wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

I don't think even cherry picking works there. The very idea of the Quran is that it is a direct revelation from God to a particular individual. Which is the definition of prophethood. Throw out prophethood, you throw out the whole Quran.

It is wierd. Is there not a xtian sect that does believe in jeebus but still claims to be xtian?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#77  Postby ixolite » Aug 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Shrunk wrote:I anticipate areyoumuslim's response will be that none of those things are explicitly proclaimed in the Quran and therefore are not part of Islam. (Of course, some of them are in there, like the acceptance of domestic violence, but let's leave that aside for the moment.)

If so, areyoumuslim's chief error is to profess a particular and peculilar form of Islam that follows the Quran only, and ignores the hadith and all the other traditions that also form part of Islam, and then insist his is the "correct" version of the faith. He might more correctly call himself a "Quranist" rather than a Muslim. This "Quran only" version of the faith is as much an individual, arbitrary, minority interpretation as that which insists on women wearing a burqa.

Yeah, I assume that, too. That's their standart response. :whistle:
Koran-only are hypocrites though, there aren't 5 prayers in the Koran, no mention how to do the prayers, how/when to do haji, no circumcion, etc. Excuse: that's given down with tradition. :lol:
ixolite

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#78  Postby Shrunk » Aug 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Nora_Leonard wrote:

Where do you get from that test that you can reject the idea of prophethood and still be a Muslim? :scratch:

I got it from areyoumuslim's post here:

You claim that you are not compatible with "islam" and give the reason "I assert that there is no God - who is of the opinion that prophets are a stupid and immoral concept." - but you seem to be confusing the concepts of islam and iman. The former does not require belief in God nor regarding prophets as an intelligent and moral concept.

Though on second reading his point is sufficiently unclear that I may have misunderstood him.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#79  Postby Aern Rakesh » Aug 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Nora_Leonard wrote:

I got it from areyoumuslim's post here:

You claim that you are not compatible with "islam" and give the reason "I assert that there is no God - who is of the opinion that prophets are a stupid and immoral concept." - but you seem to be confusing the concepts of islam and iman. The former does not require belief in God nor regarding prophets as an intelligent and moral concept.

Though on second reading his point is sufficiently unclear that I may have misunderstood him.

That seems likely, as the declaration of faith, i.e. the shahadah (in English: There is no god but God (i.e. Allah), Muhammad is the messenger of God)is really the only thing you need to say to become a Muslim.

wikipedia wrote:A single honest recitation of the shahadah in Arabic is all that is required for a person to become a Muslim. This declaration, or statement of faith, is called the Kalima, literally “word”. Recitation of the shahadah, the “oath” or “testimony”, is the most important article of faith for Muslims. Non-Muslims wishing to convert to Islam do so by a public recitation of this creed.[4] Sunni Muslims count it as the first of the Five Pillars of Islam, while the Twelver and Ismaili Shi'a connect it to their respective lists of Pillars of the faith.[5] The complete shahadah cannot be found in the Quran, but comes from hadiths.[6]

Actually I can't make sense of what areyoumuslim's written there either.
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#80  Postby Shrunk » Aug 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Maybe he's using the term "islam" to refer to the accretion of various cultural practices that he does not accept as part of "iman". But if he is going to use common words in such an idiosyncratic manner, it's his own fault if he is misunderstood.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam