Almost 800 forgotten Irish children dumped in 'septic tank'

mass grave at Catholic home

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Almost 800 'forgotten' Irish children dumped in septic tank

#101  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 09, 2014 10:23 am

In contrast to that, it was a nun who gave me my first violin when I was eight years old. Nice penguin.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#102  Postby Made of Stars » Jun 09, 2014 11:25 am

This is yet another tragedy in this debacle: There are thousands or millions of 'little people' doing good work, who are being badly let down by their corrupt institution's inability to address the evil within.
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#103  Postby angelo » Jun 09, 2014 11:28 am

It was my first encounter with nuns on my arrival to the new country when I was 8 years old, since my parents were catolics.
My first impression was they smelled of urine, were very strict, would smack a child for any reason, and punishment which was easy to ignore because it sometimes was something like say 50 hail Mary's. :lol:
Not funny if the bitch was right behind you though and you had to say them. :whine:
Anyway, after about 6 months, all I had learned was how to pray. I still didn't speak or read English.
My father then took me away from there and enrolled me in a state school. Within months I could write as well as speak English.
angelo

Name: angelo barbato
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#104  Postby angelo » Jun 09, 2014 11:38 am

Made of Stars wrote:This is yet another tragedy in this debacle: There are thousands or millions of 'little people' doing good work, who are being badly let down by their corrupt institution's inability to address the evil within.

Sorry. I don't agree. They think they are doing good work. Anybody, many atheists could and do even better works.
Sister Teresa immediately comes to mind, and the many missionaries in poor countries who preach against birth control or abortions. That being poor is a blessing from gawd instead of actually teaching people how to look after themselves.
The evil within will always persist because the priesthood is a magnet for paedophiles.
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Made of Stars » Jun 09, 2014 11:42 am

The fact that an atheist could also do the work does not make it any less good. The fact that there are others doing evil, also does not make the good work any less good. To be clear: I am not defending the RCC; I think it should be wound up and it's assets confiscated.
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#106  Postby angelo » Jun 09, 2014 11:48 am

Made of Stars wrote:The fact that an atheist could also do the work does not make it any less good. The fact that there are others doing evil, also does not make the good work any less good. To be clear: I am not defending the RCC; I think it should be wound up and it's assets confiscated.

:thumbup:
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#107  Postby Alan B » Jun 09, 2014 12:14 pm

If one Googles "priests sex nuns" and "priests sex nuns babies" one comes across stories of nuns having priest's babies after being raped and the babies being incinerated or otherwise disposed of. It seems to be a practise that is rife throughout the RCC, if the reports are to be believed.
In the light of these numerous incidents, it is not unreasonable to assume that some of these '796 babies thrown in the septic tank' could be be some of the nun's own offspring. The same could also apply to other mass 'graves' of infants under the Catholic domain where the numbers of which would indicate a death rate higher than the national average.
Catholic Child Abuse
“There were babies born, many premature. I knew a newborn was going to be murdered. The mother would snuff the life out of them” stated a former nun who entered a US Catholic convent at age 14. “I became a mechanical human being belonging to Rome” she continued in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WkKmU_W8NU

“Nuns getting pregnant and trying to kill their newborns were commonplace in convents” said Sister Mary Chandy (69), a former nun with Catholic Presentation Convent in Kerala, India. She claimed to have saved a newborn when the mother, a nun, tried to kill the baby by pushing it into a toilet tank. Sister Chandy said, “That boy is now a student who lives the life of an orphan.”

Sister Chandy quit her Catholic order 14 years ago when a priest tried to rape her. When she complained about the priest, Catholic authorities branded her as a misfit according to this 31 March 2012 India Times article, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... mer-Nuns-a

“They threw that little baby in the furnace and burned it alive,” said Irene Favel, (75), while explaining her tortured childhood at the Catholic Indian residential school in Muscowequan Saskatchewan, Canada. “All you could hear was this little cry, like “Uuh” and that was it. You could smell that flesh cooking.”

In 1971 Catholic Jesuit priests buried a newborn alive beneath floorboards of the St. Mary’s Mission School in Omak Washington. Clarita Vargas was 14 when she and two other native girls witnessed the murder by the school principal. Two nuns restrained the screaming native mother. Clarita never saw the young mother again, but discovered that she was impregnated by one of the priests.

“There were children thrown into furnaces ” said Native Elders Stee-mas and Wahtsek, survivors of Catholic residential schools in Canada. “The clergy got the young girl pregnant, then put their newborn into the incinerator.”

Continues...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#108  Postby The Plc » Jun 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Horrendous crime. I expect that the wave of 'pro-life' millitancy that has been going across Ireland recently has transformed into splutters in regards to this.
The Plc

Print view this post

#109  Postby angelo » Jun 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Hypocrisy rules in the catholic faith as it does in most xtian cults.
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Agrippina » Jun 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Argh! Sickening! :nono:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#111  Postby Alan B » Jun 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Ah, but the priests were 'Good Katlicks', they didn't use condoms... :nono:

Sick perverted religion. :yuk:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#112  Postby DoctorE » Jun 09, 2014 2:22 pm

More than 2000 Irish children in religious run homes were subjected to drugs trials in the 1930s according to a shocking new report.

As the Tuam burial ground scandal erupts, it has now emerged that Catholic Church run homes and state institutions let the children of unmarried mothers be used in medical experiments.

The Irish Daily Mail has published a damning report which outlines how scientists secretly vaccinated more than 2,000 children in religious-run homes in suspected illegal drug trials.

The paper says that old medical records show that 2,051 children and babies in Irish care homes were given a one-shot diphtheria vaccine for international drugs giant Burroughs Wellcome between 1930 and 1936.

The report adds that no evidence exists that consent was ever sought.

Historian Michael Dwyer who unearthed the documentations says that no records of how many may have died or suffered debilitating side-effects as a result are in existence.

Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny, on a trade mission in America, has been made aware of the scandal by the paper and has ordered ministers to see whether there are more mass baby graves scattered across the country.

Continues: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Religi ... ments.html
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#113  Postby Alan B » Jun 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny, on a trade mission in America, has been made aware of the scandal by the paper and has ordered ministers to see whether there are more mass baby graves scattered across the country.

Mmmm! The plot thickens... :think:
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#114  Postby Onyx8 » Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Alan B wrote:

Mmmm! The plot thickens sickens... :think:

FIFY
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#115  Postby angelo » Jun 11, 2014 11:37 am

Alan B wrote:

Mmmm! The plot thickens... :think:

Even if they don't find any more, you can bet your last dollar that there are many other such sites throughout the katolic world.
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#116  Postby CarlPierce » Jun 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I thought fire rather than being dumped in poop was the punishment for children/babies that sin ?
Has the Catholik church gone soft or something.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#117  Postby angelo » Jun 12, 2014 10:02 am

Didn't they throw them in a lake and if they drowned they were sinners. If they floated they were saved for fark sake!!!!
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Agrippina » Jun 12, 2014 10:09 am

I think that was for witches Angelo. If they floated they burnt them anyway. :roll:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#119  Postby angelo » Jun 12, 2014 11:00 am

Yes, I remember now. It was for witches, not many warlocks because the accusers were mainly men.
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#120  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 13, 2014 10:37 am

Agrippina wrote:I think that was for witches Angelo. If they floated they burnt them anyway. :roll:

And, what burns apart from witches?
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs