Bernie Sanders 2016?

Senator To Announce Bid For Democratic Nomination

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Bernie Sanders 2016?

#2761  Postby crank » Apr 28, 2016 12:09 pm

NineOneFour wrote:
proudfootz wrote:
Teague wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that the Republican party is going to reverse its position on those issue come the election? I don't think you are. But then, what?

I'm talking about Clinton. What she says and what she actually believes and what she'll do will come out after November.

If Clinton is good enough for the Koch brothers, she should be good enough for the rest of us.

Right? :ask:

Hillary told them she didn't want any Koch.

Well, it's no wonder Bill had to stray.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2762  Postby Teague » Apr 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Oldskeptic wrote:
Macdoc wrote:So a professor of political science is doing psychology and sociology now.... :nono:

Ethics are innate except for those with FAS and a few genetically linked crime families where it takes both the genetics and an abuse trigger.
FAS in particular is a challenge to society ....the kids didn't do anything wrong ...their fucking drunkard mother did. :coffee:

I get it, nature over nurture, right? I'm glad that you have settled the debate over the two that has been going on for at least 300 years. Sorry to burst your bubble but research has shown that the biggest influence on modern young people regarding their values and behavior during their formative years is not parents, it's not brothers or sisters, and it's not family elders as behaviorists have wanted to believe and make everyone believe for years. And it's not genetics either. The surprise really isn't that surprising when you think back to your younger days. The largest influence on young people is other young people - their peers, their friends, their gang or whatever you want to call them. It's the other kids that they hang with. The group of other humans that they have to compete with for acceptance, a place in the social hierarchy.

When Dilulio wrote: " A youth who repeatedly commits violent crimes as a result of being raised without morals." it doesn't necessarily mean that his or her parents, older brothers or sisters, or elders never tried to teach them "morals". It means what it says, "raised without morals" and if the largest influence on a young person's life is a group of other young people that have inherited their amorality and lack of empathy from other young people a bit older and looked up to they are going to lack and or ignore the morality taught at home or any other place.

This is not say that there is no innate sense of empathy or that empathy isn't heritable. It means that an innate empathy can be overridden by environmental factors.

To serve as an example overriding innate empathy I'll cite loving and kind mothers and fathers, loving and kind grandmothers and grandfathers, and other "good" people known for their fine morals and empathy having their smiling faces photographed while standing in the background with the corpse of another human hanging from a tree or burning on a pyre.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Not to say that nature sometimes can't win out over nurture/environment. There are plenty of examples of that happening also, but to deny that nurture/environment is a very large factor would be having to claim that the violence and cruelty demonstrated by white southerners and young black gang members was/is genetic and inherited.

That's not a place that I think that any of us wants to go.

Some people now want to hypothesize, as you seem to want to do, that fetal alcohol syndrome is to blame for the increase of youth violence from 1960 to the mid '90s, but in doing so it needs the premise that every mother of an anti-social gang member was a severe alcoholic drinking through her pregnancy, and I find that hard to justify.

Another hypothesis is that lead paint and leaded gasoline is responsible for the rise in violent anti-social behavior. While that may be a contributing factor in some cases I find the argument weak, and think that the proponents of that and the fetal alcohol syndrome hypothesis are trying to look everywhere but where the actual cause was/is. And that is that an under-culture of cruelty and violence developed in certain areas and among certain people. What can be called gang mentality.

And saying that we need not point a finger at any ethnic group or leave out any ethnic group. It is not a racist position, there are gangs of white, oriental, Hispanic, black youths, and any other ethnic demographic you can think of, and it isn't just an inner city problem. Rural areas and suburban areas are not immune to what is generally seen as a urban problem, and it was and is everyone's problem.

So to get back to what actually started this train of discussion, in the early to mid '90s the increase in violent crime by young people, young men to be specific, was not a myth. It was distressing and alarming to almost everyone regardless of race. People that could do something about it did what they could do and one of the things that they did was get tough on violent crime and what they thought was behind it; drugs.

In hindsight they can be faulted for not foreseeing what were unforeseen and unintended consequences, but they cannot be faulted for doing what they thought would help solve what they saw as alarming and an emergency. And if there is blame then it must be spread wide and thin, enough to cover just about everyone in any position of power or influence at the time.

Are you that much of a fucking prick that you can't even hide those pictures or provide a warning about them? :nono: :nono: :nono:
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2763  Postby Teague » Apr 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Damn it can someone delete those pics please I can't edit my own post as our proxy blocks it
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2764  Postby crank » Apr 28, 2016 12:27 pm

laklak wrote:I don't get why 'superpredator' is racist. But then I don't understand lots of words these days, they keep changing the meanings. Did I miss a memo? Am I no longer one of the cool kids? Is 'cool' even a cool word these days?

laklak, you don't know how to speak dog-whistle? Everyone should understand this, if you've missed such basics, you miss a huge percentage of politics going back to Nixon. This quote needs be ingrained in everyone's head, from the grand-father of dirty tricks, Lee Atwater, in wiki:
You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968, you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."
— Lee Atwater, Republican Party strategist in an anonymous interview in 1981

What does 'urban' usually mean? In the 90's, it wasn't busing, it was crime the code words revolved around, as even now, FauxNews uses 'thug' and 'hoodie wearing' rather often when going into their racists talking points. Too many conveniently miss the real meaning, insisting the racism isn't there, at best this is a rather strained willful ignorance.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2765  Postby crank » Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Oldskeptic wrote:
crank wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Watergate began with the break in of the DNC headquarters in the Watergate building, with Nixon's guys trying to steal files. Bernie's guys just used computers for that sort of thing.

Yes, I really blew that one, mixed it up with some other part, which now my brain is too muddled to figure out, but I think maybe it was plans to do the same to Daniel Ellsberg's office. You could have legitimately if childishly gloated over that, but you couldn't resist lying, so you had to throw in the bogus charge about the 'hacking'. That smear was shown to be bogus very quickly, anyone have aware could see that just from the way it was handled.

So, at least four people on Bernie's campaign didn't access Clinton campaign files 24 times and save them to their own folders? I'll have ring up NPR and let them know that they got it wrong.

It's funny that right after the story of Hillary pouring in a $ million to generate fake social media content...

There was no story other than BernieBros trying to spin the announcement of Correct the Record that they were putting a million dollars into fighting the constant lies and half truths of the Bernie campaign. Never have they said that they were hiring or paying anyone to go online, nor does anyone have any evidence that they have or have ever intended to. There have also been accusations on the internet that the Bernie campaign was paying BernieBros like you to spread lies and half truths. I didn't and don't believe those stories anymore than I believe it of the Hillary campaign and would not spread the story either.

...that numerous Sanders supporters FB pages got attacked by a guy 'liking' the very people Hillary paid. Do I think there is something there? very likely not, but sure is an funny coincidence.

There are internet fuckheads on both sides, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some of the people fucking with Clinton supporters are the same people that are fucking with Sanders supports. Fucking with everyone just for shits and giggles.

I'm going to quit replying to your posts, when you lie, which is often, you won't retract what you said when exposed, like here. You tried to pass off a bogus assault on my character and honesty by implying I ignored all the links in that article, when anyone with half a brain that can read would know there were days and pages of people claiming the same thing, with not one objection, and then the author edited her piece, and you found this and made all your bogus accusations. I called you out on it, in the same post you quoted here, but it seems you can't take the effort to admit you fucked up, which I obviously do as evidenced in what you quoted. You're posts are deceitful, you refuse to admit it, to retract it, and won't apologize for it. I may get dinged for telling the truth again, it's worth it, your deceitful tactics need exposing.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2766  Postby The_Metatron » Apr 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Teague wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Macdoc wrote:So a professor of political science is doing psychology and sociology now.... :nono:

Ethics are innate except for those with FAS and a few genetically linked crime families where it takes both the genetics and an abuse trigger.
FAS in particular is a challenge to society ....the kids didn't do anything wrong ...their fucking drunkard mother did. :coffee:

I get it, nature over nurture, right? I'm glad that you have settled the debate over the two that has been going on for at least 300 years. Sorry to burst your bubble but research has shown that the biggest influence on modern young people regarding their values and behavior during their formative years is not parents, it's not brothers or sisters, and it's not family elders as behaviorists have wanted to believe and make everyone believe for years. And it's not genetics either. The surprise really isn't that surprising when you think back to your younger days. The largest influence on young people is other young people - their peers, their friends, their gang or whatever you want to call them. It's the other kids that they hang with. The group of other humans that they have to compete with for acceptance, a place in the social hierarchy.

When Dilulio wrote: " A youth who repeatedly commits violent crimes as a result of being raised without morals." it doesn't necessarily mean that his or her parents, older brothers or sisters, or elders never tried to teach them "morals". It means what it says, "raised without morals" and if the largest influence on a young person's life is a group of other young people that have inherited their amorality and lack of empathy from other young people a bit older and looked up to they are going to lack and or ignore the morality taught at home or any other place.

This is not say that there is no innate sense of empathy or that empathy isn't heritable. It means that an innate empathy can be overridden by environmental factors.

To serve as an example overriding innate empathy I'll cite loving and kind mothers and fathers, loving and kind grandmothers and grandfathers, and other "good" people known for their fine morals and empathy having their smiling faces photographed while standing in the background with the corpse of another human hanging from a tree or burning on a pyre.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Not to say that nature sometimes can't win out over nurture/environment. There are plenty of examples of that happening also, but to deny that nurture/environment is a very large factor would be having to claim that the violence and cruelty demonstrated by white southerners and young black gang members was/is genetic and inherited.

Some people now want to hypothesize, as you seem to want to do, that fetal alcohol syndrome is to blame for the increase of youth violence from 1960 to the mid '90s, but in doing so it needs the premise that every mother of an anti-social gang member was a severe alcoholic drinking through her pregnancy, and I find that hard to justify.

Another hypothesis is that lead paint and leaded gasoline is responsible for the rise in violent anti-social behavior. While that may be a contributing factor in some cases I find the argument weak, and think that the proponents of that and the fetal alcohol syndrome hypothesis are trying to look everywhere but where the actual cause was/is. And that is that an under-culture of cruelty and violence developed in certain areas and among certain people. What can be called gang mentality.

And saying that we need not point a finger at any ethnic group or leave out any ethnic group. It is not a racist position, there are gangs of white, oriental, Hispanic, black youths, and any other ethnic demographic you can think of, and it isn't just an inner city problem. Rural areas and suburban areas are not immune to what is generally seen as a urban problem, and it was and is everyone's problem.

So to get back to what actually started this train of discussion, in the early to mid '90s the increase in violent crime by young people, young men to be specific, was not a myth. It was distressing and alarming to almost everyone regardless of race. People that could do something about it did what they could do and one of the things that they did was get tough on violent crime and what they thought was behind it; drugs.

In hindsight they can be faulted for not foreseeing what were unforeseen and unintended consequences, but they cannot be faulted for doing what they thought would help solve what they saw as alarming and an emergency. And if there is blame then it must be spread wide and thin, enough to cover just about everyone in any position of power or influence at the time.

Are you that much of a fucking prick that you can't even hide those pictures or provide a warning about them? :nono: :nono: :nono:

!
MODNOTE
teague, you can't have imagined this would go unanswered, and so it won't. Here now is your second active warning for personal attack.

We have a mechanism to report such images. Use that in the future.

The_Metatron
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2767  Postby Columbus » Apr 28, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm a little surprised that those pics are such an issue. They don't look any worse than the violence people talk about on TV.

Maybe because I grew up in a place where the KKK had to be actively fought against. Those pics could easily have been taken here, with my relatives in the crowd. My mom's family was largely white Irish trash. About all they had going for them was not being niggers.
Tom
Nothing real can be threatened
Nothing unreal exists
Herein lies the peace of God
Columbus

Name: Tom
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2768  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Columbus wrote:I'm a little surprised that those pics are such an issue. They don't look any worse than the violence people talk about on TV.

Maybe because I grew up in a place where the KKK had to be actively fought against. Those pics could easily have been taken here, with my relatives in the crowd. My mom's family was largely white Irish trash. About all they had going for them was not being niggers.
Tom

They were pushing it a bit. They are not normal fodder by any stretch of the imagination.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2769  Postby Teague » Apr 28, 2016 3:33 pm

I can't quote as the page is blocked and yes, I fully accept the repercussions of my actions above.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2770  Postby Willie71 » Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Teague wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Old skeptic, you are flat out wrong on this. I am a family therapist, and by far the greatest influence on a child's development is the parents and immediate social network. Peers are influential after the majority of brain development and socialization has already passed. There was a researcher a few years ago who tried to pistulate that peers are more important than parents, but her work was deep,y flawed, overlooking many very well established principles in a child's development.
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2771  Postby Columbus » Apr 28, 2016 6:29 pm

I am a family therapist, and by far the greatest influence on a child's development is the parents and immediate social network.

When you are a hammer everything looks like a nail.
Tom
Nothing unreal exists
Columbus

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2772  Postby Boyle » Apr 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Bullshit when I'm hammered everything looks like a toilet and/or bed.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2773  Postby Willie71 » Apr 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Columbus wrote:
I am a family therapist, and by far the greatest influence on a child's development is the parents and immediate social network.

Tom

So 100 years of research is wrong? I'll keep my thoughts to myself. This is just a trolling statement. Einstein might be wrong, some claim he is. Evolution might be wrong, and some claim it is. Hammer/nail I guess?
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2774  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Apr 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Columbus wrote:

Tom

You obviously have no clue about how versatile a hammer can be used.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#2775  Postby Columbus » Apr 28, 2016 8:13 pm

So 100 years of research is wrong? I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Back in the olden days, the 70s, I read an essay. It was required reading in my high school.

A "gentleman scientist" from the mid 19th century explained that no coal powered ship could cross the Atlantic ocean, much less carry freight. He used a lot of big words and graphs. He was very convincing. The best science of the day supported him.

He had also inherited a fleet of sail powered freight vessels. His compadres were just as invested in the status quo and the scientific truths of the day. None of them grasped that fuel efficiency could improve to the point that their "science" would be rendered obsolete.

Actually, a lot of those scientific people thought that everything that could be known would be by the early 20th century. They had no idea that genetics, electronics, medicine, civil rights, physics, and a host of other human endeavors were barely in their infancy.

Tom
Nothing unreal exists
Columbus

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2776  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Apr 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Willie71 wrote:
So 100 years of research is wrong?

Quite often it's even more research than that which winds up being wrong. Suck it up. If you're doing science, you cannot get away with equating antiquity and veracity.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2777  Postby willhud9 » Apr 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Willie71 wrote:
Columbus wrote:

Tom

So 100 years of research is wrong? I'll keep my thoughts to myself. This is just a trolling statement. Einstein might be wrong, some claim he is. Evolution might be wrong, and some claim it is. Hammer/nail I guess?

No 100 years of research is not wrong...when you can provide academic material to back it up.

Oldskeptic is in the same position. You both made positive claims and neither of you actually provided citation for said claims.
Just because you happen to be a family therapist does not mean your claim is suddenly validated as being true or more factually correct than others. (If memory serves me correct Oldskeptic is also in the field of psychology).

But whining and hiding behind your position as a therapist is not logical, nor does it contribute anything to the discussion. Columbus had an issue with your claim. All you have to do is provide source material for said claim...and as a family therapist I would hope you'd be able to access journals and research that back up your claims especially for parents that want to read up on said material.

Not everything is trolling.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2778  Postby crank » Apr 28, 2016 8:49 pm

I seem to remember, read that I can't cite, a lot of stuff about a whole rash of twin studies, the kind that found lots of separated twins, showing peers were more important in many if not most things, like accent, morals, etc. I'm not going to try to resurrect what I half remember, but this was someone like Pinker citing a large number of studies.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2779  Postby Willie71 » Apr 28, 2016 10:48 pm

http://developingchild.harvard.edu/reso ... ce-of-ecd/

Considering that parents are the the most present figures in the early years of brain development, they have much greater importance in development that peers who only become the central influences in the early to mid teen years. This is so obvious that it almost doesn't require a response.

While on the surface, stating my field isn't support in itself, do you really think a senior therapist is unaware of the literature? How do you think we get our licences? We have to get the education, pass licensing exams, and some of us engage program development and partake numerous literature reviews throughout our careers. It seems the uninformed think therapy is just wishy washy random discussions. Reality is there are decades of pediatric neurology research, longitudinal childhood development studies, and decades of research on treatment outcomes. All point to the formative years, and treatment focuses on increasing parenting capacity. The arrogance outlined here by the uninformed is staggering.

On another forum, I misunderstood a concept on black holes. An astrophysicist corrected me. I didn't demand citations. What he said made sense based on my hobby level knowledge. I had no reason to doubt someone who works with this stuff every day.

If you make an extraordinary claim, you must present extraordinary evidence.
Willie71

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2780  Postby Oldskeptic » Apr 29, 2016 2:08 am

Willie71 wrote:
Teague wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:

Old skeptic, you are flat out wrong on this. I am a family therapist, and by far the greatest influence on a child's development is the parents and immediate social network. Peers are influential after the majority of brain development and socialization has already passed. There was a researcher a few years ago who tried to pistulate that peers are more important than parents, but her work was deep,y flawed, overlooking many very well established principles in a child's development.

The woman's name you can't come up with is Judith Harris, she has a masters in psychology and has been doing research in cognitive development since 1977, and has co-authored two text books on child development. Her article, published in Psychological Review, that I based my explanation on was awarded a George A. Miller Prize in Cognitive Neuroscience by the American Psychological Association in 1995.

The book based on Harris' new theory, The Nurture Assumption was published with 1998 with a forward by Steven Pinker, another George A. Miller Prize in Cognitive Neuroscience in 2010, and was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for general non-fiction in 1999.

Harris did more than just try to postulate, she fleshed out her new theory and had it published in the most respected peer reviewed psychology journal in the US.

In a nut shell Harris' conclusions were that parents teach children how to behave at home. As Steven Pinker put it in How the Mind Works "children everywhere are socialized by their peer group, not by their parents. At all ages children
join various play groups, circles, gangs, packs, cliques, and salons, and they jockey for status within them."
Or in Harris' own words peers teach children and young adults how to behave outside of the home.

Certainly parents contribute to how children and young people behave outside of the home, as do genetics, family, and other social networks, but it should be easy to understand that the world outside of the home and family is where they learn how to deal with/behave in the world outside of the home.

It also an observable that people in general, and not just children and young adults often behave differently in different environments but especially adolescents and young adults: They often behave differently at school than they do at home, or at work, or in church, or on the streets. Even behave differently in one group of peers as opposed to another.

What started this particular tangent in this thread was this from Macdoc concerning the term "superpredator" coined by John DiIulio a professor of political science. Macdoc frowns on a professor of political science doing psychology and sociology, then contends that, ethics are innate except for some womb induced or genetically caused anomalies.

And while I agree that there are some womb induced and genetically caused anomalies behind violent behavior it's far too simple, actually outlandish, to think that they are a main cause let alone the only cause of violent behavior in youths.

So remember that what was being discussed was not how youths act at home, or in a classroom, or at grandma's house, or in church. We are talking about youths in their own "environment" separate from the others where the roll models may be slightly older peers and or peers higher up in the pecking order.

Something to consider is that, not always but very often, when a young person commits a violent act like rape or assault or murder the reaction of family, neighbors, and other adults that know them is surprise and disbelief. We hear things like, "I can't believe it, he/she was/is such a nice polite young woman/man." Using Harris' theory, as accepted by Pinker and others in the field, there are good explanations of how the acts of the violence committed by the youth can be squared with the nice polite young man/woman of the experiences of people outside of the peer group/gang/clique.

Something else to consider is how often and quick parents themselves are to blame change in behavior of their children for the worse on "bad influences" in the form of new friends/peers. Yet parents are unlikely to give the same degree of credit for changes in behavior for the better to new peers/friends, even though in deeds and conversation they demonstrate that they do place a great deal of importance on peers/friends by wanting to raise there children in "good" neighborhoods, send them to "good" schools. Parents, and some psychologists and sociologists, are reluctant, even venomously opposed, to Harris and her theory while at the same time admitting that the environment is a very large factor in the behavior of children, adolescents, and young adults by talking about the importance of such things as "good" neighborhoods and "good" schools.

Harris' new theory isn't really all that new. It's just that she spoke what an awful lot of people did/do not want to hear or face. And like some Christians that want to justify their god thru morals consequentialism where by if their god doesn't exist to be the source of their morals there is no reason to be moral. Some parents, and some psychologists and sociologists, resit Harris' theory because they think Harris is delivering a message that good parenting is futile in the light of larger roles that genetics and peer groups play. There is no such message. Nowhere in Harris' or Pinker's or anyone else's writings on the subject is there even a hint that good parenting is useless or not valuable. It's just that the utility and value may not be where most parents, and some psychologists and sociologists believe them to be.

If a good environment is important then the role of parents picking the environment is important. If peer groups and or friends are important then steering their children towards peers and or friends acceptable to the parents is important. And parents, at least parents that we would consider good parents, do much more than teach good behavior. Good parents provide good nutrition, they provide secure and comforting homes, they provide stability, they provide good educations, and they provide safe havens when or if the world outside of the home gets too rough.

Granted some of these things are out of reach of some "good" parents due to financial and or other factors, but that's a whole other topic.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs