Plain old Trump (inmate P01135809) Watch.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Plain old Trump Watch.

#141  Postby Macdoc » Oct 15, 2021 6:59 pm

To be fair on covid he did get the vaccine funding rolling big time but yeah otherwise on going deaths at his and his followers door
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#142  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Oct 15, 2021 7:15 pm

Macdoc wrote:To be fair on covid he did get the vaccine funding rolling big time but yeah otherwise on going deaths at his and his followers door

got the vaccine going, then his party made not actually getting it the thing to do. :roll:
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#143  Postby Alan C » Nov 16, 2021 3:04 am

But he also fucked over the CDC for daring to provide accurate warnings and guidance.

CDC interference by Trump administration comes into sharper focus

In one especially jarring example, Trump appointees allegedly interfered with Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs) — seen as the "holiest of the holy" in professional circles — while falsely accusing CDC professionals of trying to undermine Donald Trump politically by releasing accurate information to the public.

New revelations reinforce concerns that the problem was even worse than we'd feared. Politico reported on new documents — released by the House committee specifically tasked with investigating the government's response to the Covid-19 crisis — that suggest the more the CDC tried to warn the public about the public health threat, the more the Republican White House intervened.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Seabass » Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#145  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Nov 22, 2021 8:34 pm

is it the sleeves or do his hand look tiny?
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#146  Postby The_Piper » Nov 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:is it the sleeves or do his hand look tiny?

That's not a statue? :rofl:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#147  Postby Alan C » Nov 22, 2021 9:30 pm

Surely that's not a thing? I'd be fucked off if I was one of that guy's students. The orangutan's posing pouch wouldn't be able to kick anything with those bone spurs.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#148  Postby Tortured_Genius » Dec 05, 2021 12:18 pm

Trump social media firm raises $1bn from investors (BBC)

As a number of sources have pointed out (Trump SPAC social media company appears to miss its first product deadline (CNBC))- Trump's media firm has missed all it's deadlines (a beta version of its version of twitter was supposed to be up and running before the end of October) and there is no sign of any actual technology firm being involved or apps produced.

Is there anything to indicate that this is anything other than a hot-air powered vehicle to raise money? (Presumably to cover all those loans that are becoming due).
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#149  Postby Alan C » Dec 05, 2021 10:34 pm

It certainly does look like yet another grift. It appears to me though that the big money is from anonymous donors more than him bilking his lead-eating followers. I'd expect such donors are well aware he's a grifter and so any monies will be tied to favours?

Reading too much into this?
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#150  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 08, 2021 6:33 am

Alan C wrote:It certainly does look like yet another grift. It appears to me though that the big money is from anonymous donors more than him bilking his lead-eating followers. I'd expect such donors are well aware he's a grifter and so any monies will be tied to favours?

I'd suggest you're scarily prescient.

There's no reason for any principled entity to give money to the Orange Scrotum. Such entities know that the money will disappear into the the opaque labyrinth that is the Trump "business empire", within which money is circulated primarily for tax evasion purposes.

On the other hand, unscrupulous entities will donate money to the Cheetolini, provided they can recoup that money with interest in other ways. Ways facilitated by egregiously corrupt changes to financial law, that will almost certainly be the quid pro quo underlying any donations.

Of course, said unscrupulous entities will try to cover their tracks, both with respect to donations and the subsequent favours extracted in exchange for said donations. The unscrupulous entities will set up their own opaque labyrinths of PACs and "lobbying organisations", whose aim is to hide the hands that are operating the puppet strings.

Said unscrupulous entities will also be aware, by now, that Pumpkin Head is perilously unhinged. They will plan accordingly to try and arrange for his various caromings to bounce in ways that favour them.

One factor to take into account here, is that rapacious and piratical corporate entities don't like too much instability - at least, not under their own feet. They're happy to see instability topple rivals, or make those rivals ripe for takeover, but they want the political and economic substrate under their own feet to be free of jarring earthquakes. It's the fundamental reason why said rapacious and piratical corporate entities, once they become big enough, start forming cartels.

Consequently, high on the list of priorities for said corporate entities, will be to rein in the fruit loop segment of Trump's base. Their interest will lie in making that fruit loop segment their own puppets. Not least so that if push comes to shove, they can use that fruit loop segment to remove Trump if he ceases to be useful, and replace him with their own political version of the Lindt chocolate bunny.

Of course, said manoeuvres will have to be cloaked in suitably constructed theatricals, aimed at convincing the fruit loop segment that the corporate power chess players are True Believers™ in whatever foetid conspiracy theory drivel happens to be popular with the bolt through the neck brigade.

I suspect that the requisite power chess players will start taking a great deal of interest in the modus operandi of the Catholic Church, and adapting the methods thereof to their own ends, on the basis that the Catholic Church has a lot of expertise in the arena of controlling hotheads to serve political ends. Though any intelligence gathering to this end will be conducted very much at arm's length, to avoid the possibility of the Catholic Church seeing an opportunity for an anachronistic power grab of its own.

The mayhem that was Ante Pavelic's Croatia will be instructive here - the manner in which the RCC cosied up to a psychotic fascist with a singular thirst for blood, will make any power chess players wary of getting their fingers burned, and will probably lead to intellectual property theft being the chosen means of acquiring the necessary skills.

Once the power chess players have their psy-ops in place, the money will start changing hands, via the usual financial dark webs. To borrow a phrase from P. J. O'Rourke, expect to see 501(C)s multiplying like bacteria in warm tuna salad, particularly in states like Delaware, which already has an unenviable reputation for being a sort of internal US version of the Cayman Islands.

Quite simply, the power chess players have a vested interest in buying even more of the political machinery for their own ends, than they already own, and funding Captain Bone Spurs in exchange for this, will be juicily tempting, provided they can armour themselves against the lunatic fringe. Which will probably involve a "night of the long knives" style operation, though conducted with more stealth than the original.

Sadly, we live in interesting times.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#151  Postby Alan C » Dec 14, 2021 2:52 am

Oh lordy there are texts. Some interesting ones anyway from Cracker Jnr and prominent Fux News meat puppets begging for the insurrection to be stopped.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#152  Postby Matt_B » Dec 16, 2021 3:16 am

Alan C wrote:It certainly does look like yet another grift. It appears to me though that the big money is from anonymous donors more than him bilking his lead-eating followers. I'd expect such donors are well aware he's a grifter and so any monies will be tied to favours?

This guy has a pretty good explanation as to how it works:

"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#153  Postby Alan C » Jan 20, 2022 7:39 am

Supreme Court has shutdown his attempts to block records. Thomas was the lone dissent I think.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#154  Postby Alan C » Feb 10, 2022 11:25 pm

Documents were even clogging toilets in the White House during his reign. Could it get worse than that?
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#155  Postby Seabass » Feb 10, 2022 11:31 pm

Alan C wrote:Documents were even clogging toilets in the White House during his reign. Could it get worse than that?

Yes.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#156  Postby Seabass » Feb 10, 2022 11:32 pm

Apparently a lot of the documents that he absconded to Mara Lardo were very highly classified of the sort that should not be stored at a golf resort.

Seabass

Print view this post

#157  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2022 1:52 am

So presidential your head will spin.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#158  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Feb 11, 2022 6:41 am

Seabass wrote:Apparently a lot of the documents that he absconded to Mara Lardo were very highly classified of the sort that should not be stored at a golf resort.

BUT HER EMAILS! :whine:
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#159  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2022 7:08 am

BENGHAZI!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#160  Postby The_Piper » Feb 11, 2022 10:39 am

WITCHUNT!! I'm a very stable jeanyiss.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs