President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#5201  Postby The_Piper » Mar 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Teague wrote:So after losing, the GOP are blaming the democrats for losing because they didn't vote on throwing people off healthcare.

"We ALMOST got Obamacare repelaed, we almost did we're sorry we failed but...but...democrats!!!" - The GOP

How are they not being called out for wanting to ruin peoples health care? It's like they think it's a good thing to screw over 25 million people and give tax breaks for the rich.

WTF?

The mainstream media has covered that extensively. :)
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5202  Postby felltoearth » Mar 30, 2017 9:03 pm

IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3118.JPG (163.95 KiB) Viewed 960 times
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5203  Postby crank » Mar 30, 2017 9:52 pm

The_Piper wrote:
Teague wrote:So after losing, the GOP are blaming the democrats for losing because they didn't vote on throwing people off healthcare.

"We ALMOST got Obamacare repelaed, we almost did we're sorry we failed but...but...democrats!!!" - The GOP

How are they not being called out for wanting to ruin peoples health care? It's like they think it's a good thing to screw over 25 million people and give tax breaks for the rich.

WTF?

But they let Trump get away with so much BS for so long, they've basically helped Trump inoculate his supporters so they can fend off any information portraying Trump badly by claiming 'lying media' etc. Add to that how easy it is to point to examples of the media grossly failing, like the Iraq war, the banking fiasco, etc. They have blown their credibility, and Trump can take advantage of their incompetence, it's almost irrelevant that they're exposing the truth now.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5204  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Mar 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Michael Flynn has agreed to House and Senate testimony in exchange for immunity.

The Wall Street Journal wrote:Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity

Former national security adviser tells FBI, the House and Senate intelligence committees he’s willing to be interviewed in exchange for deal, officials say

WASHINGTON—Mike Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, has told the Federal Bureau of Investigation and congressional officials investigating the Trump campaign’s potential ties to Russia that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity from prosecution, according to officials with knowledge of the matter.

As an adviser to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, and later one of Mr. Trump’s top aides in the White House, Mr. Flynn was privy to some of the most sensitive foreign-policy deliberations of the new administration and was directly involved in discussions about the possible lifting of sanctions on Russia imposed by the Obama administration.

He has made the offer to the FBI and the House and Senate intelligence committees though his lawyer but has so far found no
takers, the officials said.

Continues...

First domino?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5205  Postby Corneel » Mar 30, 2017 11:19 pm

As anti-vaxxers the Trump team doesn't believe in immunity, so it won't work.
"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
Corneel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5206  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Mar 31, 2017 12:02 am

Confirmed two WH staffers gave Nunes the "intel".

So Nunes went to the White House to get the intel on incidental collection so he could tell the White House there is intel on incidental collection so he could come out to tell the press. Is there anything else that they could have done to make this appear as a manufactured story?

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5207  Postby felltoearth » Mar 31, 2017 3:08 am

Holy crap.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5208  Postby crank » Mar 31, 2017 3:33 am

Ditto. The adjectives used are a far cry from the usual soft approach they use for repugs. When Faux is going after these aholes with that much fervor, it's doubtful it will end well for Nunes. Even calling out Ryan for blatant BS, they don't like Ryan I don't think. He's not going to be speaker for long.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5209  Postby willhud9 » Mar 31, 2017 3:59 am

crank wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

WTF?

But they let Trump get away with so much BS for so long,

They did? :scratch:

Oh wait, no this is just an assertion on your part. Please provide some evidence.

they've basically helped Trump inoculate his supporters so they can fend off any information portraying Trump badly by claiming 'lying media' etc.

Er? First of all you are vastly ignorant about right wing politics. Second of all, you are ignoring the fact that the tea party ran on a campaign against the "left wing media." Many right-wing constituents don't watch the mainstream media already. CNN, MSNBC, etc. are all left-wing propaganda. Even Fox News is considered centrist news to them. These people believe Breitbart and the Blaze are fair and balanced sources of journalism and no Crank neither of those are mainstream media.

Add to that how easy it is to point to examples of the media grossly failing, like the Iraq war,

I was in middle school at the time, but I seem to recall a lot of journalists were calling bullshit on the reasonings we went into Iraq.

the banking fiasco, etc.

Same as the above. Like you point to examples, and I am sure you can find stories that collaborate with your world view, but overall you have not demonstrated any significant reason to believe your assertions to be a wide known fact.

They have blown their credibility,

According to you. :dunno:

and Trump can take advantage of their incompetence, it's almost irrelevant that they're exposing the truth now.

Now? :scratch:

Trump is not taking advantage of their incompetence. Trump is feeding on is constiuents ignorance and paranoia about the dangerous "left-wing media."

I listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on an almost daily basis. They spew filth all the time and people suck it up as if its fact. When was the last time you actually listened to or learned what the right wing media was actually saying?
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5210  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 31, 2017 9:34 am

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5211  Postby Animavore » Mar 31, 2017 9:52 am

I'm actually like that. I don't think it means anything.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5212  Postby Pulsar » Mar 31, 2017 10:06 am

Back in September:

:whistle:
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5213  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 31, 2017 10:30 am

Animavore wrote:I'm actually like that. I don't think it means anything.

You also push other people's drinks around?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5214  Postby crank » Mar 31, 2017 9:22 pm

willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

WTF?

But they let Trump get away with so much BS for so long,

They did? :scratch:

Oh wait, no this is just an assertion on your part. Please provide some evidence.

they've basically helped Trump inoculate his supporters so they can fend off any information portraying Trump badly by claiming 'lying media' etc.

Er? First of all you are vastly ignorant about right wing politics. Second of all, you are ignoring the fact that the tea party ran on a campaign against the "left wing media." Many right-wing constituents don't watch the mainstream media already. CNN, MSNBC, etc. are all left-wing propaganda. Even Fox News is considered centrist news to them. These people believe Breitbart and the Blaze are fair and balanced sources of journalism and no Crank neither of those are mainstream media.

Add to that how easy it is to point to examples of the media grossly failing, like the Iraq war,

I was in middle school at the time, but I seem to recall a lot of journalists were calling bullshit on the reasonings we went into Iraq.

the banking fiasco, etc.

Same as the above. Like you point to examples, and I am sure you can find stories that collaborate with your world view, but overall you have not demonstrated any significant reason to believe your assertions to be a wide known fact.

They have blown their credibility,

According to you. :dunno:

and Trump can take advantage of their incompetence, it's almost irrelevant that they're exposing the truth now.

Now? :scratch:

Trump is not taking advantage of their incompetence. Trump is feeding on is constiuents ignorance and paranoia about the dangerous "left-wing media."

I listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on an almost daily basis. They spew filth all the time and people suck it up as if its fact. When was the last time you actually listened to or learned what the right wing media was actually saying?

Your kidding, right? You actually think the media wasn't gung ho for the Iraq war? That the media did a fucking thing to avert the 2008 fiasco or a thing to push for prosecution? This is astoundingly ignorant. Same for not recognizing the media didn't aid Trump early on, like $ 2 billion in free advertizing? Are you unaware that the media are about as unpopular as Hillary and Trump, and trust levels probably record lows? I, once again, have no clue what country you live in.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5215  Postby willhud9 » Mar 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Argument from popularity? Really? Come on crank, logical fallacies are beneath you.

And again you ask incredulously certain questions to me but continue to make assertions without substantiation.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5216  Postby crank » Mar 31, 2017 11:54 pm

I just don't care, if you believe what you say, OK, I can't be arsed to find the thousands and thousands of examples anyone halfway awake would know about. As for argument from popularity, FFS, really? That doesn't work when the popularity is part of the fucking argument.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5217  Postby willhud9 » Apr 01, 2017 2:00 am

Well then you give permission to the forum to disregard your childish and incessant rants against the media to be nothing more than unsubstantiated bullshit. But you don't care. You care enough to make baseless assertions without evidence but get all pissy when called out on it? Quelle fucking surprise.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5218  Postby crank » Apr 01, 2017 4:51 am

willhud9 wrote:Well then you give permission to the forum to disregard your childish and incessant rants against the media to be nothing more than unsubstantiated bullshit. But you don't care. You care enough to make baseless assertions without evidence but get all pissy when called out on it? Quelle fucking surprise.

Lack of argument from hiding a gross, embarrassing error? Really? Come on Willie, admitting errors is beneath you?

I've substantiated tons of media biases, errors, deliberate omissions, etc. in tones of threads. If you don't know about the ones I mentioned here, it's because you refuse to see the evidence, both in my and others' threads, and when they were aired/published. What I don't care about is feeding you more citations when it's obvious you'll deny the facts in front of you. That was a response to you, who I've seen more than enough examples to know are blind to basic evidence in a lot of areas. I mean, really, who the fuck doesn't know the media were complicit in the Iraq war and the 2008 financial crisis?
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5219  Postby chango369 » Apr 01, 2017 9:53 am

The current cover of the Economist. :P

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#5220  Postby crank » Apr 01, 2017 10:11 am

The only problem is it's way too clean a whole, it should have a terribly ragged rim, with messy tufts of grass dangling over the edge.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs