President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9301  Postby Agrippina » Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am

crank wrote:
Agrippina wrote:

Yes. I understand what it means. Basically it's not only getting a salary, but also bonuses, and free perks from the organisation that "employs" you, simply because you bring in special deals with suppliers. In politics it's what lobbyists do, isn't it?

At the levels it's played at, the actors are generally corporations and hedge funds and maybe a few 'small' companies. The 'perks' are usually like massive tax credits and breaks, and anti-trust laws avoidance, regulation limitations, monopoly power grants, exclusivity arrangements, law enforcement enforcement of company policies, state department meddling in international trade, and a lot of etcs.

Yep.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9302  Postby Agrippina » Sep 28, 2017 11:01 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Agrippina wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:https://www.glamour.com/story/trump-says-melania-wanted-to-be-with-irma-first-responders?mbid=social_cp_facebook_gq

The Donald loves his wife bigly. So bigly he forgets she's standing right next to him... :facepalm:

I've only seen the "Melania really wanted to be with us" line.Then I watched it. He says, "Melania really wanted to be with us..." then he waffles on about how bigly the storm beat them up. To be fair, he could be just including her, explaining why she's there, "I brought her with me because she really wanted to be here", he didn't say she wasn't there. If we're going to hate him, let's hate him for what he really does, it's not necessary to make joke about how he didn't qualify that she was actually there.

OK I'm not going to the dark side, I just like fairness. :thumbup:

But just before that he's thanking all the people who are there...

I can understand how it's confusing. I think it might just be that he can't think in bursts of more than five words.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9303  Postby theropod » Sep 28, 2017 11:49 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
theropod wrote:...and now Trump has forbidden members of Congress from traveling on military aircraft to the US Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico.

RS

Dafuq? Why?

Supposedly these members of congress would be taking up valuable space on relief flights.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9304  Postby The_Piper » Sep 28, 2017 11:51 am

crank wrote:
aban57 wrote:
crank wrote:There was a somewhat important election yesterday, The Guardian headline:
Alabama Republican Senate primary: Roy Moore defeats Trump-backed Luther Strange

It's pretty bad when you just can't give a shit one way or t'other who wins with Roy fucking 10 commandments Moore one of the candidates. I don't know shit about the other guy, but if Trump supports him, that's enough to make the guy on par with the likes of Moore. But he's got a hell of a name, I'd vote for him just because of that if forced to pick one.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/news- ... 54558.html

I'm too demoralized of late to summon enough energy to start a new thread for something like this. The GOP has yet to apologize for Palin, if they can ever muster the character for that, and for Trump, that is something that I could start a thread for.

Which one are you? :ask:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9305  Postby Dark energy » Sep 29, 2017 3:47 pm

with trump out of the way,i would have been in Boston.i liked obama,donald trump is racist cnt.
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9306  Postby The_Piper » Sep 29, 2017 4:36 pm

I don't understand. You can still go to Boston.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9307  Postby The_Piper » Sep 29, 2017 4:37 pm

The_Piper wrote:
crank wrote:
aban57 wrote:
crank wrote:There was a somewhat important election yesterday, The Guardian headline:
Alabama Republican Senate primary: Roy Moore defeats Trump-backed Luther Strange

It's pretty bad when you just can't give a shit one way or t'other who wins with Roy fucking 10 commandments Moore one of the candidates. I don't know shit about the other guy, but if Trump supports him, that's enough to make the guy on par with the likes of Moore. But he's got a hell of a name, I'd vote for him just because of that if forced to pick one.

I'm too demoralized of late to summon enough energy to start a new thread for something like this. The GOP has yet to apologize for Palin, if they can ever muster the character for that, and for Trump, that is something that I could start a thread for.

I see that I quoted the wrong post. I didn't mean to imply that Crank is a nerd, he said he's a lambda, and so are these characters. I meant to quote the following post.
crank wrote:
They're gonna let people steal the homosexuals' money? What kind of rightwing BS si that? As one of those lamda people, I would be pretty fucking POed.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9308  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 29, 2017 4:45 pm

The_Piper wrote:I don't understand. You can still go to Boston.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Boston voted against him. NYC voted against Trump, but we'll still have occasional things like a giant float of him during UN week blaring "God Bless America" or something equally ironic in its patriotism.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9309  Postby Animavore » Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9310  Postby Dark energy » Sep 29, 2017 6:03 pm

The_Piper wrote:I don't understand. You can still go to Boston.

I am banned by Trumps executive Order.i have to wait 4 fking years.
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9311  Postby chango369 » Sep 29, 2017 11:16 pm

I almost put this in the good riddance thread, but it's not an actual death. But it IS the death of the political career of one of Trump's minions: Tom Price. I couldn't stand that smarmy SOB. :thumbup:

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price resigns after criticism for taking charter flights at taxpayer expense
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#9312  Postby crank » Sep 30, 2017 3:41 am

The_Piper wrote:
crank wrote:
aban57 wrote:

I had a backstage role. I was the designated druggie. All bands need at least one drug addict. My best bit was the drowning in my own vomit act after every show. That always gets a great reaction, and for me lots of props for deadication.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#9313  Postby Seabass » Sep 30, 2017 8:33 am

Gotta love Natasha Urinkostekstra.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#9314  Postby Animavore » Sep 30, 2017 1:21 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9315  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Puerto Rico is a US territory but does not have direct voting representation.

The orange shit does not bother they cant vote anyway.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9316  Postby Alan C » Sep 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Animavore wrote:A piece of shit and nothing else.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-41452995

She has more composure and empathy in her finger than that mandarin intestinal worm has in his entire bloated body.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#9317  Postby crank » Sep 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Small-minded pettiness doesn't begin to describe the piece of shitness of the orange one.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#9318  Postby ElDiablo » Oct 01, 2017 2:04 am

I was there about a year ago. I flew into San Juan and went to the southern part of Puerto Rico. I couldn't believe it only took an hour and 15 minutes to travel across it. They were having major economic issues and about to default on their debt. Billboard campaigns were trying to stave off the exodus of people leaving to the US. It was an eerie place to visit for me since it was so heavily influenced by the US. At times, it seemed I could have been standing in a strip mall here in the US. The current devastation there is horrific. You have to be a totally heartless motherfucker to say what the President of the US said.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9319  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Oct 01, 2017 2:16 am

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9320  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 01, 2017 9:02 am

But the trouble is he is America. He is probably the only shit in the country that thinks like that but he represents the country which is why he should be removed.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs