Tory Party watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Tory Party watch

#5521  Postby Briton » Jun 13, 2017 5:54 am

CarlPierce wrote:
Briton wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:
Briton wrote:

Pity you didn't take that attitude when you empowered the Cameron's blue Tories the last time. An act that has led to the debacle that is Brexit.

Look not a single person in our local party at the time thought it was a good idea even back in 2010 several members left on principle. I didn't want it but we reluctantly were convinced a bit by the save the country mantra and started to regret it bit by bit.

I'm SORRY ok. We tried to bring a bit of sanity to British politics.

Now are you labour hacks going to be sorry for your actions in the past - shall we start with the IRAQ FUCKING WAR.

I'm not a 'Labour hack' thanks and if I had my way Blair and his cohorts would be serving time as war criminals. You might be sorry but your leader seems to think history will judge Clegg kindly! Jeez.

Just saying put the past behind us. If you rant on about our shameful past ill mention yours.

Corbyn is not defending the Iraq war though is he ? Your leader is lavishing praise on Clegg, no shame there.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5522  Postby THWOTH » Jun 13, 2017 8:07 am

The party of Dr No will never compromise - for they have God and right on their side. The sooner those hateful papists understand their place the better as far as the DUP are concerned.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5523  Postby mrjonno » Jun 13, 2017 9:10 am

Would still prefer a Tory government propped up by the Lib Dem's than one propped up by the DUP.
Life isn't always about making good and bad choices sometimes its catastrophic choices and just plain shit ones
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5524  Postby Fallible » Jun 13, 2017 9:44 am

I'm so glad we have you here to tell us so often what life is about. :lol:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5525  Postby mrjonno » Jun 13, 2017 9:45 am

Fallible wrote:I'm so glad we have you here to tell us so often what life is about. :lol:

The news does a far better job than me of that
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5526  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 13, 2017 9:49 am

The trouble is the DUP is stuck in the 70's and just cant move on. Wee Billy must play his drum on the 12th.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5527  Postby Matt_B » Jun 13, 2017 9:57 am

mcgruff wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:Flags, marching and saving Ulster from Sodomy come to mind.

To begin with. Then they'll graciously agree to compromise, one item at a time, in exchange for a big chunk of money. Chunka chunka chunka! And the tories will agree as soon as they can figure out a way to hand it over whilst maintaining plausible deniability about buying them off.

At last, Belfast will get the new Space Port which it has long deserved. And the Shankhill Genome Centre will be the envy of Europe with its well-funded, inaugural research program into new colours of chlorophyll.

I hear the Queen's speech will now only take place after the installation of a burning effigy of the Pope outside Belfast City Hall. ;)
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#5528  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 13, 2017 10:06 am

Matt_B wrote:
mcgruff wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:Flags, marching and saving Ulster from Sodomy come to mind.

To begin with. Then they'll graciously agree to compromise, one item at a time, in exchange for a big chunk of money. Chunka chunka chunka! And the tories will agree as soon as they can figure out a way to hand it over whilst maintaining plausible deniability about buying them off.

At last, Belfast will get the new Space Port which it has long deserved. And the Shankhill Genome Centre will be the envy of Europe with its well-funded, inaugural research program into new colours of chlorophyll.

I hear the Queen's speech will now only take place after the installation of a burning effigy of the Pope outside Belfast City Hall. ;)

Well that would suit the DUP very much.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5529  Postby mrjonno » Jun 13, 2017 10:29 am

By the way where exactly is the Queen in all this - its her job to deal with constitutional crises where her ministers can't ?
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5530  Postby Fallible » Jun 13, 2017 10:36 am

mrjonno wrote:
Fallible wrote:I'm so glad we have you here to tell us so often what life is about. :lol:

The news does a far better job than me of that

It really doesn't. If I switch the TV off, I can quite easily go about my day without any of the top news stories impacting me at all. It's the same thing witn your views of what life is about.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5531  Postby THWOTH » Jun 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:The trouble is the DUP is stuck in the 70's and just cant move on.

Yeah, the 1670s...
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5532  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

TEETH WILL BE PROVIDED!

:mrgreen:
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5533  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5534  Postby Fallible » Jun 13, 2017 1:30 pm

This is all so wonderful. What could possibly go wrong?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5536  Postby minininja » Jun 13, 2017 5:35 pm

mrjonno wrote:Would still prefer a Tory government propped up by the Lib Dem's than one propped up by the DUP.
Life isn't always about making good and bad choices sometimes its catastrophic choices and just plain shit ones

If the Lib-Dems were stupid enough to do that again, all we'd get is another five years of relatively stable Tory government rather than one that is ready to topple. Any concessions they might get, like last time, would likely be irrelevant next to the harm it would cause. I doubt the Tories would be "rethinking austerity" if they knew they were going to remain in power.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5537  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 15, 2017 9:28 am

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5538  Postby mrjonno » Jun 15, 2017 9:33 am

minininja wrote:
mrjonno wrote:Would still prefer a Tory government propped up by the Lib Dem's than one propped up by the DUP.

If the Lib-Dems were stupid enough to do that again, all we'd get is another five years of relatively stable Tory government rather than one that is ready to topple. Any concessions they might get, like last time, would likely be irrelevant next to the harm it would cause. I doubt the Tories would be "rethinking austerity" if they knew they were going to remain in power.

Missing the elephant in the room, brexit and the clock is ticking.

A brexit without a deal doesn't mean a privatised NHS it means no NHS as we won't be able to afford it. The condition for a Lib Dem coalition should be a EU referendum and a new elections in 2 years time.

What is 'austerity' compared to that. The Lib Dem's need to sacrifice themselves for the good of the country
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5539  Postby Matt_B » Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am

So, another day and no deal.

My anonymous source inside Number 10 informs me that my previous information was incorrect. It turns out that the DUP wanted the actual Pope setting on fire rather than just an effigy. ;)
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#5540  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 15, 2017 10:27 am

Matt_B wrote:So, another day and no deal.

My anonymous source inside Number 10 informs me that my previous information was incorrect. It turns out that the DUP wanted the actual Pope setting on fire rather than just an effigy. ;)

No DUP want wee Billy to be allowed to bang his drum down every street in Northern Ireland.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs