Twitch.tv

Should women tell these women to be cool?

Discussions about society in general and social activity.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Twitch.tv

#1  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Twitch is a fascinating phenomenon for various reasons.

Amazon's streaming service Twitch is pulling in as many viewers as CNN and MSNBC - https://www.businessinsider.com/twitch- ... nbc-2018-2

just a couple of years ago who would have thought, right?

However, I want to talk about particular streams/streamers. Namely female streamers who, apparently, use their sex appeal to get viewers and earn money. Now there is nothing wrong with that imo, however, from my observation, such streams are magnets for what is being called "toxic masculinity" - just hang in some of the channels bellow for a while to see for yourself.

Question is, in the light of Gillette ad or just the current debate on gender, should women tell the streamers in question that they are not cool, just like men should tell other men their toxic masculinity is not cool?

https://www.twitch.tv/amouranth
https://www.twitch.tv/alinity
https://www.twitch.tv/pink_sparkles
https://www.twitch.tv/ciklonica
https://www.twitch.tv/sweet_claudy

tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Twitch.tv

#2  Postby Fallible » Jan 26, 2019 1:40 pm

How is it the streamers' issue if the people who comment are not cool?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#3  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 1:43 pm

So do I understand it correctly that if a woman displays herself half-naked (she can't go naked on Twitch) in order to attract those who want to see her (half)-naked, and they say stuff like "show boobs" its not for the woman issue at all?
Last edited by tuco on Jan 26, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#4  Postby Fallible » Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm

No, you don't. But I do understand you haven't answered my question.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#5  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Well, that is an interesting point of view I happen to disagree with. As for your question, its not worth my time and energy, sorry.

---
edit: what is worth my time and energy tho is to try to imagine .. she get half naked in other to attract those who want to see naked but they cannot ask her to get naked because that is not cool. My mind is blown right now.
Last edited by tuco on Jan 26, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#6  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Wtf
what a terrible image
User avatar
Rachel Bronwyn
 
Name: speaking moistly
Posts: 13490
Age: 32
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#7  Postby Fallible » Jan 26, 2019 2:11 pm

tuco wrote:Well, that is an interesting point of view I happen to disagree with. As for your question, its not worth my time and energy, sorry.


Then your thread is pointless. Goodbye.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Twitch.tv

#8  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 2:13 pm

That is alright as I was anticipating it. Most I could hope for here was someone to check the channels, think it through and form an opinion.
tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#9  Postby Fallible » Jan 26, 2019 2:16 pm

You don't wait for someone to form an opinion, as can be seen by you inventing mine for me in your first reply. There is literally no point engaging with you, because you don't post honestly. gg, mate, model citizen.

Have fun here with those who feel entertained by your utter shit.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#10  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 2:18 pm

You misunderstood. I don't care for anyone's opinion because why should I? Its enough if someone forms one for her/himself.
tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#11  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 26, 2019 2:23 pm

tuco wrote:
female streamers who apparently use their sex appeal to get viewers and earn money

To be absolutely certain you could always go ask them or alternatively stop watching them if it bothers you that much
Women have been using their personality and physicality to get what they want since forever so this isnt exactly news
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10195

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#12  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 2:27 pm

It’s a gaming channel not a webcam sex site.

There is nothing that woman is wearing that isn’t acceptable in public. Is it acceptable to walk up to a woman in public who is showing cleavage and say “show me your boobs?”
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14006
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#13  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 2:39 pm

It's not a gaming channel only, I suggest you update your education.*

Also, it's not about me so no comment, however, indeed in public it's different because there, I assume, women do not intentionally attract those who want to see them half-naked or naked in order to get money from them.

---
edit: bit blunt but you dont mind I hope, https://www.twitch.tv/directory .. category "Just Chatting" has 71.4k viewers at the moment, top 6 after gaming channels.

edit2: from the article, you apparently did not bother to read or ignored

Beyond gaming, Twitch also offers "IRL" streaming— an acronym for "in real life" — which enables people to share their reality with a streaming audience. It's not clear how much this burgeoning section of Twitch contributed to the overall average viewership record set in January, but it's a good idea of where Twitch could go in the future.
tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#14  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Women dress how they want and sometimes as a consequence attract the wrong attention
So do you think therefore there should be dress codes dictating what they wear in public ?

You say it doesnt bother you and have zero opinion to offer but it must do otherwise why start the thread ?
Why start a thread about something that apparently does not bother you at all wrt the way women dress ?
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10195

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#15  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 2:54 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Women dress how they want and sometimes as a consequence attract the wrong attention
So do you think therefore there should be dress codes dictating what they wear in public ?

You say it doesnt bother you and have zero opinion to offer but it must do otherwise why start the thread ?
Why start a thread about something that apparently does not bother you at all wrt the way women dress ?


Let's do it again, and for me the last time.

Women in question dress half-naked in order to get viewers who get them money. This is not .. sometimes as a consequence, start your own thread on .. sometimes as a consequence. This is not about the dress code in public, start your own thread .. dress code in public.

Why ... so you can woke, alright?
tuco
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 15544

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Twitch.tv

#16  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 3:06 pm

tuco wrote:It's not a gaming channel only, I suggest you update your education.*

Also, it's not about me so no comment, however, indeed in public it's different because there, I assume, women do not intentionally attract those who want to see them half-naked or naked in order to get money from them.

---
edit: bit blunt but you dont mind I hope, https://www.twitch.tv/directory .. category "Just Chatting" has 71.4k viewers at the moment, top 6 after gaming channels.

edit2: from the article, you apparently did not bother to read or ignored

Beyond gaming, Twitch also offers "IRL" streaming— an acronym for "in real life" — which enables people to share their reality with a streaming audience. It's not clear how much this burgeoning section of Twitch contributed to the overall average viewership record set in January, but it's a good idea of where Twitch could go in the future.


I only know about twitch as a gaming channel. Does it have sex channels as well?

ETA: from the article
Twitch is a free service that's populated by user-generated content. People play games live on Twitch while other folks watch. There is a comment section so that viewers can interact with the person streaming, along with the ability to tip the streamer with virtual items called "Bits" that can be purchased with real money.


It's primary purpose seems to be sharing gaming streams to the gaming community. So not a sex channel. Pretty much all communities provide a robust chat channels for their members as a value add.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14006
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#17  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 26, 2019 3:10 pm

tuco wrote:
Lets do it again and for me the last time

Women in question dress half naked in order to get viewers who get them money

Number one : you dont actually know if they dress the way that they do just to get money off viewers

Number two : you do however claim not to have a problem with it so can you please make up your mind
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10195

Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#18  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 3:11 pm

felltoearth wrote:It’s a gaming channel not a webcam sex site.

There is nothing that woman is wearing that isn’t acceptable in public. Is it acceptable to walk up to a woman in public who is showing cleavage and say “show me your boobs?”


You seem to have missed this question Tuco.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14006
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#19  Postby LucidFlight » Jan 26, 2019 3:14 pm

I couldn't figure out what game any of them was playing. One was stroking a microphone. Very confused.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Twitch.tv

#20  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 3:16 pm

LucidFlight wrote:I couldn't figure out what game any of them was playing. One was stroking a microphone. Very confused.


Such is the fate of crowd sourced entertainment.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14006
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Sociology

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest