Plain old Trump (inmate P01135809) Watch.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Plain old Trump Watch.

#241  Postby Tortured_Genius » Aug 18, 2022 4:22 pm

None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#242  Postby don't get me started » Aug 19, 2022 12:48 am

If the reports are accurate, it seems that Trump has been very lackadaisical about keeping top secret documents.

But I recall a few years back there was talk about behind the scenes video material from his TV show where he was in full expletive laden verbal abuse mode, including, it was alleged, full-throated deployment of racial slurs. IIRC those files were strictly sealed under some NDA type thing and Trump's attitude to preserving confidentiality was anything but lackadaisical.

Of course, this is all hearsay and maybe there is nothing to see, but it would be true to type for him.

What an obscene parody of public life this man is.
don't get me started

Japan (jp)
Print view this post

#243  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 19, 2022 12:54 am

One word of life advice that more people should be aware of: never fuck with librarians.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#244  Postby The_Piper » Aug 19, 2022 6:00 am

Or library cops. -- A Seinfeld reference. :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#245  Postby NamelessFaceless » Aug 25, 2022 2:16 pm

The_Piper wrote:Or library cops. -- A Seinfeld reference. :lol:

:lol:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#246  Postby chango369 » Sep 10, 2022 2:07 pm

:lol:

dt152.jpg
dt152.jpg (66.15 KiB) Viewed 968 times
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#247  Postby Caper » Sep 10, 2022 3:40 pm

chango369 wrote::lol:

dt152.jpg

But hey, he gave a nod to the Prince of Whales.
:what:
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#248  Postby Alan C » Sep 14, 2022 7:36 am

So, what was up with that gathering at a golf course for which no one seemed to have any clubs?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#249  Postby The_Piper » Sep 14, 2022 1:59 pm

It was like a scene from The Sopranos. :crazy:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#250  Postby Animavore » Sep 14, 2022 11:29 pm

Why isn't he locked up yet? :yawn:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#251  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 15, 2022 4:11 am

Every day he's not, he's continuing to do irreparable harm to the US. Look at the candidates he's backed, all of whom have bought into the lie - this is how more bad shit happens, and no one's doing anything at all about it. Frankly, at this point, the US deserves what it gets if it's so paralyzed in dealing with internal threats to the nation.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#252  Postby The_Piper » Sep 15, 2022 3:14 pm

Merrick Garland runs the DOJ. I learned recently that he's a federalist society member! He's either afraid of the backlash of arresting a former president, or more motivated by something else unknown. Same with the NY Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg who basically quashed the sure-thing investigation there. The 2 lead prosecutors resigned in protest.
It's truly gut-wrenching. There is a cost to letting Trump and other criminal government officials remain in public causing massive harm to our country in a myriad of ways.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#253  Postby Tortured_Genius » Sep 15, 2022 4:02 pm

The_Piper wrote:Merrick Garland runs the DOJ. I learned recently that he's a federalist society member!

I can't find any reference to this. Garland is listed as a "contributor" on the Federalist Society site - which has the following disclaimer:

A person listed as a contributor has spoken or otherwise participated in Federalist Society events, publications, or multimedia presentations. A person's appearance on this list does not imply any other endorsement or relationship between the person and the Federalist Society. In most cases, the biographical information on a person's "contributor" page is provided directly by the person, and the Federalist Society does not edit or otherwise endorse that information. The Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues. All expressions of opinion by a contributor are those of the contributor.

Given his career and position it would be surprising if Garland hadn't at some point written something or spoken at a Federalist Society event given how thoroughly embedded they are in US law schools.

Googling "Merrick Garland Federalist Society" though led me to news stories that the Federalist Society spent $7 million in "dark money" to block Garland from the Supreme Court and numerous rebuttals of the conspiracy theory that he is/was a member.

It's a conspiracy theory. Merrick Garland is not now, nor ever has been, a member of the Federalist Society.

Edit: This also goes for Alvin Bragg. He is not, nor ever has been, a Federalist Society member, although he has taken part in debates with FS members so is another "contributor". In Bragg's case it does look like something else is going on there though in regard to the Trump (non)prosecution.
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#254  Postby The_Piper » Sep 15, 2022 6:23 pm

Thanks for the correction. I can't easily find anything online that says he's a member either. I wish I could remember where I got that information, and view the source with more skepticism. I'm sure it was from a source that I considered reliable. I didn't say or imply that Alvin Bragg is a member of The Federalist Society though.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#255  Postby Seabass » Sep 15, 2022 7:22 pm

Animavore wrote:Why isn't he locked up yet? :yawn:

He's not black or poor.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#256  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm

The_Metatron wrote:The pointlessness of a president’s authority to declassify things is shown when one realizes that a sitting president also has the authority to classify absolutely anything. Including the shit Trump thought he could simply say he declassified.

Orange motherfucker was simply stealing shit that might have value to him later. Our shit. Our secrets.

God, I long to see a bullet tear the back of his fucking head off.

I prefer a more sadistic solution. Send him to a shithouse of a prison to serve whatever sentence is passed down. Ideally one with a fair number of Mexican inmates.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#257  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 21, 2022 5:13 pm

Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#258  Postby Alan C » Sep 21, 2022 7:27 pm

Aye, and the on-cue rant from Captain Projection in response.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#259  Postby Greg the Grouper » Sep 22, 2022 9:35 am

The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

#260  Postby Alan C » Oct 28, 2022 7:05 pm

Meanwhile a tRump-supporting domestic terrorist invaded Pelosi's home and tried to tie up her husband "until Nancy got home".
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs