President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#15421  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 7:27 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15422  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15423  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 12:24 am

:rofl:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15424  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 12:42 am

Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15425  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 1:34 am

Animavore wrote::rofl:

I made it to 1:41, when they clapped for Ivanka Trump. Not about any of her illustrious accomplishments, just at the mention of her scumbag name by her scumbag father with the orange face and the white eye-rings. What a shit-show of spineless cowards that group is.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15426  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 1:37 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:Image

Weren't you going to tell us why it's ok for your wife to have free health coverage, but not hundreds of millions of people to your south? Oh that's right, you got shut up again.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15427  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 5:13 am

The_Piper wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:Image

Weren't you going to tell us why it's ok for your wife to have free health coverage, but not hundreds of millions of people to your south? Oh that's right, you got shut up again.

Oh, do you mean having an adult and sensible conversation/discussion on this ‘rational forum’ about an issue? ‘specially on a forum that says that it’s a ‘lifeboat’. Well I suppose it could well be a lifeboat if we’re talking about the Titanic or the Mary Celeste.

I made it to 1:41, when they clapped for Ivanka Trump. Not about any of her illustrious accomplishments, just at the mention of her scumbag name by her scumbag father with the orange face and the white eye-rings. What a shit-show of spineless cowards that group is.

Now I wonder, :scratch: I just wonder why such a mighty fine discussion just might not be as productive as one might like or expect.
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15428  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 10, 2019 6:44 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:Oh, do you mean having an adult and sensible conversation/discussion on this ‘rational forum’ about an issue?

too bad you regularly bugger off for a few pages whenever someone makes a lengthy reply on an issue.
only to return with trollish videos and pictures.
so save us your faux outrage and concern.

edit: spell corrector mashup correction
Last edited by Agi Hammerthief on Jan 10, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#15429  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 6:51 am

No... No. :naughty: :naughty:

There’s no outrage ‘cause this is a rational forum with 100s and 100s of mature and sensible posts that will attest to that fact.

After all… this is a shining example of a lifeboat for the rational (cough, cough) mind.
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15430  Postby OlivierK » Jan 10, 2019 7:16 am

Skinny, perhaps you could link to posts of yours in this thread that you think represent the level of rational discussion to which you think others should be held?
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15431  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 7:34 am

OlivierK wrote:Skinny, perhaps you could link to posts of yours in this thread that you think represent the level of rational discussion to which you think others should be held?

Give me a fucking break! This thread (forum) is nothing more than a shit-fest of who can outdo the others with the most outlandish anti-Trump horseshit.

It's like a bunch of 3-year-olds throwing shit in a romper room. Don't expect me to carry a shining banner because whatever I post will be shit on, pissed on and completely dismissed. Oh, is there a 'special' standard for me but not the others? It doesn't work that way.

I really don't care... but at least the folks here should be honest about what they're doing and cut the pretense that this is even remotely a rational forum.

This is not a rational forum! We have well over 700 shit-stained pages in this thread alone, not even counting the 10s of other non-Trump threads where he just has to be mentioned even when the thread is about... bunnies, I'm being facetious, but it's the truth.
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15432  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 10, 2019 7:55 am

Gimme a goddamn break. This forum acted as your personal flufffer for years despite you never having been a particularly valuable contributor to discussions. All the boring fucking pictures in place of arguments, FFS. Acting like you, of all people, who recieved special treatment for ages, never being told "you're not funny, stop it", are held to an unreasonable standard of conduct is a joke. You need to be genuinely delusional or profoundly dumb to believe that.

The bar for acceptable behaviour here has always been lower for you, like it is for disabled students who can't be expected to reach the same milestones at the pace of their peers. Now that people have lost patience with you you're being held to the same standard of behaviour as everyone else and you just don't have the capacity and/or interest to uphold it.

Shame on whoever contributed to this persecution complex. Now he thinks he's special and being picked on.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15433  Postby OlivierK » Jan 10, 2019 8:16 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:
OlivierK wrote:Skinny, perhaps you could link to posts of yours in this thread that you think represent the level of rational discussion to which you think others should be held?

Give me a fucking break! This thread (forum) is nothing more than a shit-fest of who can outdo the others with the most outlandish anti-Trump horseshit.

It's like a bunch of 3-year-olds throwing shit in a romper room. Don't expect me to carry a shining banner because whatever I post will be shit on, pissed on and completely dismissed. Oh, is there a 'special' standard for me but not the others? It doesn't work that way.

I really don't care... but at least the folks here should be honest about what they're doing and cut the pretense that this is even remotely a rational forum.

This is not a rational forum! We have well over 700 shit-stained pages in this thread alone, not even counting the 10s of other non-Trump threads where he just has to be mentioned even when the thread is about... bunnies, I'm being facetious, but it's the truth.

I'm not going to give you a fucking break. You have no idea what the reception would be to well argued, sincere pro-Trump posts, because you don't post any.

You post shit of the lowest possible rationality, and people call you out on it. You evade reasonable questions, and make excuse after excuse after excuse about why you can't or won't do better. In terms of rationality, I reckon you lower the average quality of this thread more than any other contributor, and I share your low opinion of the quality of some of the anti-Trump voices here.

I'm interested in American politics, and I'd like to be able to discuss it without namecalling and tribalistic bullshit. The biggest barrier to that isn't people calling Trump an orange scrotum, it's you.

A while back, I asked you to compare the cost of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's policies to the cost of maintaining the status quo in areas such as health care. It's an interesting exercise, and you appear to think that the costs of healthcare policy are relevant enough to bring them to this thread, but I'm still yet to receive a reply from you about why you think that moving health costs from the private to the public sector (and if international experience is a guide, reducing them significantly in the process) is a bad idea.

Unfortunately, I no longer believe that you're capable of having the rational discussions you claim to value. I'm open to being proven wrong about that, but frankly I'm expecting to remain disappointed.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15434  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 10, 2019 8:20 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.... :waah:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#15435  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 8:26 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Gimme a goddamn break. This forum acted as your personal flufffer for years despite you never having been a particularly valuable contributor to discussions. All the boring fucking pictures in place of arguments, FFS. Acting like you, of all people, who recieved special treatment for ages, never being told "you're not funny, stop it", are held to an unreasonable standard of conduct is a joke. You need to be genuinely delusional or profoundly dumb to believe that.

The bar for acceptable behaviour here has always been lower for you, like it is for disabled students who can't be expected to reach the same milestones at the pace of their peers. Now that people have lost patience with you you're being held to the same standard of behaviour as everyone else and you just don't have the capacity and/or interest to uphold it.

Shame on whoever contributed to this persecution complex. Now he thinks he's special and being picked on.

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Whaaaaaa!
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15436  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 10, 2019 8:28 am

Another brilliant argument put forth by you, contributing to a colourful discussion.

In all seriousness, do you consider the things you post humorous or clever or even coherent?
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15437  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 10, 2019 8:41 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Another brilliant argument put forth by you, contributing to a colourful discussion.

In all seriousness, do you consider the things you post humorous or clever or even coherent?

I used your excellent rebuttal that you posted in my thread. I thought you'd be proud of it since it comes from your own skilled hand at writing. :thumbup:

Where did I possibly go wrong? :scratch:
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15438  Postby zulumoose » Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am

The only way to take the high ground is to go there and remain there, complaining about how low your surroundings are does not get you there, especially when high ground sharing is offered and ignored.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#15439  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 9:15 am

So is the US in a state of emergency yet?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15440  Postby Alan C » Jan 10, 2019 9:16 am

Animavore wrote:So is the US in a state of emergency yet?

It has been since the 20th of January 2017.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs