Russian and US ambitions and motivations

Split from Trump Watch thread

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Russian and US ambitions and motivations

#261  Postby Mike_L » Jul 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Spearthrower wrote:You have been infected by the parasite of propaganda, and it's now got you spending your time and resources trying really hard to infect others.

"Parasite of propaganda". "Infect others".
Do you have an idea how ridiculous this hyperbole is? A contrary view expressed on a minor forum with much-shrunken membership (since its inception) is, in your eyes, a propaganda contagion! Get some perspective, FFS!

Who did I claim to be speaking on behalf of?

Why don't you tell me? Which "people" are you presuming to speak for here...?
If people want to slurp on the RT Kool Aid they can go and fucking read their website or watch their channel; they don't need you acting as a RT proxy...

It's your opinion, so why couldn't you just write...
"If I want to slurp on the RT Kool Aid I can go and fucking read their website or watch their channel; I don't need you acting as a RT proxy..."...?
Oh wait! It's because you reserve first-person singular for your self-aggrandizement...

And I already explained to you. Initially, I was hoping that you just needed a hand to elevate yourself out of the cesspit, but you're firmly wedged in and there's nothing I can do for you.

You conceitedly assume that I need saving from "the cesspit" and nobly take the task upon yourself, only to get frustrated when I don't take your hand. You repeatedly liken my posts to Biblical Creationism even as you present yourself as some kind of Savior helping people out of the pit! Get over yourself, FFS!
I can, however, smack your vapid Kremlin propaganda out into the stratosphere because that's what it deserves.

The heavens. You should've said, "the heavens".

You're back running your diversion strategy again, Mike. That promise to stop borderline trolling didn't even last one post.

You made the classic mistake of feeding the troll. :hungry:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#262  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:You have been infected by the parasite of propaganda, and it's now got you spending your time and resources trying really hard to infect others.

"Parasite of propaganda". "Infect others".
Do you have an idea how ridiculous this hyperbole is? A contrary view expressed on a minor forum with much-shrunken membership (since its inception) is, in your eyes, a propaganda contagion! Get some perspective, FFS!

Then why are you working so hard to foist it off here, Mike?

Whether it be Creationists or Wooists, they don't seem to care how large the membership is when it comes to proselytizing their ideas, because the size of the audience isn't a component of the way the mind-virus works - it merely makes them proselytize all the time wherever they have the opportunity.

Likewise, I doubt you restrict yourself to talking about these special ideas only here.

Mike_L wrote:
Who did I claim to be speaking on behalf of?

Why don't you tell me? Which "people" are you presuming to speak for here...?

How can I tell you which people you declared I was presuming to speak for?

Mike_L wrote:
If people want to slurp on the RT Kool Aid they can go and fucking read their website or watch their channel; they don't need you acting as a RT proxy...

It's your opinion, so why couldn't you just write...
"If I want to slurp on the RT Kool Aid I can go and fucking read their website or watch their channel; I don't need you acting as a RT proxy..."...?
Oh wait! It's because you reserve first-person singular for your self-aggrandizement...

Oh wait, it's because it's a general statement, not reserved to myself, but a function of this website's specific focus: rational skepticism.

There are plenty of other sites that cater to the guff you're preaching.

Mike_L wrote:
And I already explained to you. Initially, I was hoping that you just needed a hand to elevate yourself out of the cesspit, but you're firmly wedged in and there's nothing I can do for you.

You conceitedly assume that I need saving from "the cesspit" and nobly take the task upon yourself, only to get frustrated when I don't take your hand.

Rather, I actually gave a shit that you've fallen prey to abject fucking idiocy and thought you might need a hand in terms of reasoned intervention. No resulting frustration on my part - just recognition that you're beyond anyone else's help other than your own.

Mike_L wrote:You repeatedly liken my posts to Biblical Creationism even as you present yourself as some kind of Savior helping people out of the pit! Get over yourself, FFS!

Except, of course, I didn't present myself in that way at all, did I Mike?

And I am not likening your posts to Creationism; you are the one writing those posts in a manner similar to Creationists. Your posts employ many of the same rhetorical methodologies as Creationists use to wriggle around honest discourse.

Stay on the attack though, it might be a break-through.

Mike_L wrote:
I can, however, smack your vapid Kremlin propaganda out into the stratosphere because that's what it deserves.

The heavens. You should've said, "the heavens".

Sorry, was 'stratosphere' not a Kremlin approved word?

Mike_L wrote:
You're back running your diversion strategy again, Mike. That promise to stop borderline trolling didn't even last one post.

It's a 'mistake' I always make in the sense that I make sure I keep feeding them and feeding them until they explode. You might have seen how well it works with Creationists, and even enjoyed it. Now you get to experience it from the other side. Either you'll start empathizing with Creationists, or you'll realize that perhaps... just perhaps... your engagement here is so dreadful that your posts warrant being treated to the same uncomfortable exposition that Creationists experience.

But anyway, enough about you - back to the Alice in Wonderland world you've become obsessed with.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#263  Postby aban57 » Jul 29, 2019 3:43 pm

Mike_L wrote:

It's the second time in 24h you admit you're trolling.
First, I think that should be enough to have you banned from this forum.
Second, how do you call a troll that believes in the bullshit he spreads ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#264  Postby Mike_L » Jul 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

It's a 'mistake' I always make in the sense that I make sure I keep feeding them and feeding them until they explode. You might have seen how well it works with Creationists, and even enjoyed it. Now you get to experience it from the other side. Either you'll start empathizing with Creationists, or you'll realize that perhaps... just perhaps... your engagement here is so dreadful that your posts warrant being treated to the same uncomfortable exposition that Creationists experience.

Or I'll just keep posting RT.com articles and opinion pieces, and ignore your undiscerning stock replies to them.

aban57 wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

It's the second time in 24h you admit you're trolling.
First, I think that should be enough to have you banned from this forum.
Second, how do you call a troll that believes in the bullshit he spreads ?

A sincere troll! The best kind!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#265  Postby aban57 » Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Mike_L wrote:
A sincere troll! The best kind!

There is no such thing as "best kind" of troll. Replace the word troll by anything despicable, and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.
I'm a sincere nazi !! The best kind!
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#266  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Or I'll just keep posting RT.com articles and opinion pieces, and ignore your undiscerning stock replies to them.

Which is what you were doing anyway, ergo my post earlier explaining why I would be changing tack.

Now I know you simply won't engage in substantive discourse, I will just provide ample citations to credible sources that show just what motivated reasoning or ignorance it would take to buy into the InfoWars source material you lend undue credence to.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#267  Postby Alan C » Jul 30, 2019 2:41 am

A doctor has alleged that Navalny was poisoned by a toxic agent. Against his strong objections, the hospital is releasing him back to prison.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#268  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jul 30, 2019 2:51 am

Yeah, apparently his doctor arranged for samples of his hair and t-shirt to be tested, too.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#269  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 7:08 am

I'm sure if we all sit down and think about this sensibly... we'll find some way to accuse the US/NATO of having done it.

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#270  Postby Mike_L » Jul 30, 2019 7:19 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

It's a 'mistake' I always make in the sense that I make sure I keep feeding them and feeding them until they explode. You might have seen how well it works with Creationists, and even enjoyed it. Now you get to experience it from the other side.

Well, thanks. You've given away both your goal and the means by which you hope to achieve it. :thumbup:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#271  Postby Mike_L » Jul 30, 2019 7:23 am

Spearthrower wrote:I'm sure if we all sit down and think about this sensibly... we'll find some way to accuse the US/NATO of having done it.

Porton Down agents have infiltrated the Russian prison system!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#272  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 7:36 am

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

It's a 'mistake' I always make in the sense that I make sure I keep feeding them and feeding them until they explode. You might have seen how well it works with Creationists, and even enjoyed it. Now you get to experience it from the other side.

Well, thanks. You've given away both your goal and the means by which you hope to achieve it. :thumbup:

You mean I told you clearly several times. Yes.

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#273  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:I'm sure if we all sit down and think about this sensibly... we'll find some way to accuse the US/NATO of having done it.

Porton Down agents have infiltrated the Russian prison system!

Even while joking (as before) you're still aligned with RT propaganda. Most people wouldn't even know what Porton Down is, but you do because you've uncritically swallowed the Kremlin propaganda that Russia wasn't culpable for poisoning a double-agent who had worked for the UK, and prefer the muddy waters of throwing out the 'possibility that it was the UK who poisoned the Skripals endangering other citizens too, because... *takes a toke*... it would make Russia look bad.

Nevermind all the evidence, like the video footage of the 2 GRU agents filmed taking a train to Salisbury, and CCTV footage of them in the proximity of the Skripal's address... no, that's mere video footage, and as well we know from Trump and the rise of reality denial, we can't simply believe evidence like that; instead we should unthinkingly lend credence to an ideologically acceptable narrative.

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#274  Postby newolder » Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm

MOSCOW (AP) — Nearly 1,400 people were detained in a violent police crackdown on an opposition protest in Moscow, a Russian monitoring group said Sunday, adding that was the largest number of detentions at a rally in the Russian capital this decade.

More @ Associated Press link

It seems the only country Putin will not let Russians interfere in politics/elections is Russia.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#275  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes, but that kind of thing happens in other countries too - such Russiophobic hysteria blaming Putin for what is really a very civilized response. I mean c'mon, let's be fair: Look at the Peasant's Revolt in England in 1381 - the state didn't just lock them up over night in warm accommodation for processing, but hunted down the perpetrators, killed them and burned them on mass funeral pyres. And that's meant to be in the 'civilized' West! You don't see BBC or NBC reporting on that, do you? Hmmmmmmm?

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#276  Postby Mike_L » Jul 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#277  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 3:34 pm

I'll drop this where it actually deserves to be.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... l#p2707638

Mike_L wrote:A heads-up to mrjonno...

Spearwaver is employing the same tactic (such as it is) that he employed against me in the 'Russia' thread. Ironically, you and he would perhaps be in agreement in that thread, but that's not important right now. My main point is this...
He's using the facile approach of simply trying to wear down his opponent.
View your screen from bit of a distance and look at the volume of his text versus your own. For every line you type, he types at least seven. His verbiage is designed to frustrate, not to inform or convince.
He'll lead you down side-streets with arguments that are vaguely related to the main point, or not related at all. He hopes only to wear you down... or "feed you until you explode".
Don't swallow his bucket-loads of rancid bait!

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#278  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Yup, same tired old distractions being tossed out to pull the wool over people's eyes. All the cool autocrats do it.

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

#279  Postby newolder » Jul 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Your source:
Putin said Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had encouraged “mercenary” Kremlin foes by criticizing the vote.

If "nothing has changed" you'll be able to quote where Putin repeated this claim in 2019. :popcorn: :coffee:

Your whining that "nothing has changed" is utterly false, only partly because you've outed yourself as a troll in recent times. :nono:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#280  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2019 5:21 pm

newolder wrote:
If "nothing has changed" you'll be able to quote where Putin repeated this claim in 2019. :popcorn: :coffee:

Of course, Mike intends to imply that 'nothing has changed' by claiming both that the incident in question eight years ago, and recent protests are all the fault of the U.S. which is exactly how Mike's borrowed narrative functions.

It couldn't possibly be Russians, sick of living under a repressive regime, aspiring for representation and political progress... it must be the long, shadowy hand of the Great Satan interfering with the peaceable, united Russian populace all living in sublime permanent bliss under the Dear Leader.

newolder wrote:Your whining that "nothing has changed" is utterly false, only partly because you've outed yourself as a troll in recent times. :nono:

Did you enjoy where Mick distorted my response to his repeated self declaration of trolling to be some rhetorical strategy I employ through nefariously writing lots of words to wear everyone down? I did! :lol:

My guess is that's all the response I'm likely to get to the posts from the various credible sources I cited compiling the evidence of RT's Kremlin designed propaganda methodology. There's too many words! I've seen some laughable appeals to style over the years as an evasion, but that one is quite special.

Spearthrower

Male

Birthday
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs